Xpress logs his flights, and other nonsense

Discussion in 'Circus Flight Log' started by Xpress.., Jul 22, 2015.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating using the link above.
  1. Jul 22, 2015 #1

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Not too much activity around here lately eh? :)

Flying this little 70" Slick Pro lots lately. It's quite a bit of fun.

Little bit sketchy this weekend when my BEC shut down 6" off the runway and it fell out of the sky :yikes:

Attached Files:

2. Jul 22, 2015 #2

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Welcome back. Nice little plane- hope it's ok!

3. Jul 23, 2015 #3

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Airplane was fine, I was landing it anyways through the harrier method.

Going to pick up a gently used Pilot Yak 54 100CC over the weekend, finally get away from the small stuff, into the bigger stuff :cool:

4. Jul 27, 2015 #4

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

We found ourselves with, yet another toy in the hangar :biggrin::willynilly:

This time, something big, a 100CC Pilot Yak 54.

Well, it's big to me :biggrin:

Spent the last few days getting it all dialed in, I think she is ready for the weekend. Got a whole case of redline oil too... 60 gallons of 40:1 should last a couple days, eh?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    BRUTUS likes this.
  5. Aug 3, 2015 #5

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Woohooo!! Got to play with the 100CC this weekend. Scored 10 flights on it, this case of redline oil I bought is going to go quick...

I'm quite pleased that this thing tracks so well, it does not wing rock in harriers (upright or inverted), it does not couple in knife edge (all the way to the stick stops), it snaps very cleanly, it hovers like a dream, overall I have to say, I'm blown away with this airplane :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will get my personal photographer out next weekend to get pictures :yikes:

Attached Files:

BRUTUS likes this.
  6. Aug 4, 2015 #6

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

That is a sweet machine! I have the 50cc version in the same scheme. It flies like it's on rails.

Xpress.. likes this.
  7. Aug 4, 2015 #7

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Yup, it sure does. All of the Yaks I have flown before haven't flown as rock solid as this one does. Wonder why it took me so long to go to giant scale :banghead: :biggrin:

One more from Sunday. It took me all of 3 flights to get comfortable with reeling it down onto the deck in all attitudes. Now just to get used to the huge ailerons, sure makes rolling harriers interesting... (the prop will stop if I roll to the left).

Attached Files:

BRUTUS likes this.
  8. Aug 10, 2015 #8

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

How low is too low? :eek:ut::biggrin:

Attached Files:

9. Aug 18, 2015 #9

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Picked up the spare airplane yesterday. Thinking I'm going to put this one together too, definitely going to need a trailer for a pair of 100cc airplanes, and all the other flying toys :banghead::biggrin:

Attached Files:

BRUTUS likes this.
  10. Sep 8, 2015 #10

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Been a couple of weeks...

Had a fun 3 day weekend at my club complete with hotdogs yesterday for the holiday. Of course all of the wives showed up and I had to put on a show for them :biggrin:

I locked the airplane away after that... I want it to make it to the Lodi huck in 1 piece!!! :banghead::crazy:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  11. Sep 27, 2015 #11

Xpress..

Xpress..

Xpress..

Hitec Sales

Switched to dual Maxima 9 receivers in the 100CC. I wanted dual receiver redundancy as well as more channels so I could dedicate all the servos to their own channel- no more ganging servos on 1 channel. Gets hard to do when you have only 9 channels to work with and 9 servos on the airplane; where do you plug the power into??? :biggrin:

Test flights were done today, all is well so it's ready to go to the Lodi huckfest this coming week. Also tested out the 37.5% yak landing gear since I put it on a week ago.

These Maxima receivers are so much quicker and so much more precise than the Optima receivers. I literally felt the difference in the air, airplane was a lot more crisp, much more precise in the long line maneuvers too. Very responsive now, almost no lag!!! Will do some more extensive testing with them and if all goes well, I think I'll only be using these receivers from here on out (I only use digitals in everything anyways).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  12. Sep 27, 2015 #12

jon595

jon595

jon595