WrongWayRc Single bolt prop adapters 30 & 50cc

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by WrongWay, Dec 28, 2010.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Dec 4, 2011 #21

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

New addition to the single bolt family. This was requested by one of the universities who operate the 3W-28.

The 6 bolt adapter is designed for the 3W28 and will be added to our site, price $24.99

Again 6061 spun aluminum, grade 12 metric bolts, notice the phenolic sleeve. Since the single bolt is 8mm and some props are drilled 10mm this allows you to use either an 8mm or 10mm prop guide hole without issue. (same as our 30cc single bolt adapters)

Attached Files:

2. Mar 19, 2012 #22

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

Ok, here is a conversion that I did for Big A's new JC-60. I have them in stock and can be talked into converting one as it goes out the door.

I converted my JC-60 back in September. The single bolt setup works flawless. If you are flying a cowled airframe then you would need to re-set the standoffs. On the WWRC profiles it just puts the prop 7/8 of an inch more forward. I can think of some setups where it would be nice to use the side dump muffler and not let it stick out of the cowl where it sweeps as in streamlines.

First picture is the stock JC 60, no igniton, no standoffs no sparkplug or muffler. 46.6 oz on the postal scale

Attached Files:

3. Mar 19, 2012 #23

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

Next, find a clean rag and stuff your exhaust port with the rag. The idea is to get enough rag in there so that when you torque the prop shaft on and off.... the piston wont spin, no damage will be done to the engine setup.

Photo one, stuff the port... photo 2 the prop shaft, photo 3 deep socket. This particular prop shaft did not take much force to "break it loose". I have done other engines and you really need to torque them loose.

Attached Files:

4. Mar 19, 2012 #24

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

First photo, old prop shaft removed. Second start new nut, third .. nut is torqued down.

The instructions that come with the conversion kit tell how you can just dremmel off the old prop shaft. That precludes using rags in exhaust ports and also works well. It is up the the mechanic / installer to decide which installation technique he or she prefers.

Attached Files:

5. Mar 19, 2012 #25

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

That is it...!!! DONE.... The 10mm bolt just screws into the single bolt adapter, you use the pre existing prop washer and the optional washer that comes with the kit - Photo 1

Photo 2 is the same engine on the scale at 48.4 oz, a net gain of 1.8 oz..... For me.... I will pay the 1.8 oz penalty to never have to get a drill and drill jig to install a prop on my engine.

This prop adapter will fit the DLE, DA DLA, ABCDEFGXYZ, any of the 50cc class engines that utilize the 4 bolt pattern.

About the material...

This is cut on a cnc lathe out of 6061 T6 aluminum. The prop bolts are grade 12 metric (equivalent to grade 8 SAE) and the prop bolt is also high grade metal to give you countless trouble free flights..The single prop bolt is tapped for a spinner nut, standard size... can check if needed...

All good...

Big A, here comes your JC-60

Attached Files:

6. Mar 19, 2012 #26

WrongWay

WrongWay

WrongWay

No slip age, no seepage... quality material... $25.99 for the conversion kit...

Buy my product... Sorry Gravy... could not resist....

7. Mar 19, 2012 #27

Big A

Big A

Big A

Thanks Richard

I appreciate the help!
    I love the conversion on the DLE 55!
    Which means I will love the conversion on the JC-60, when I get the engine changed I’ll let you know how it turns and burns! – Wha-Whoo!

Big A