WrongWayRc 50 cc Laminar Profile

Big A

Good Job Richard---------------and Rusty!

Wish you had got Justin and I down at the pond-----even at night dunking.

A

chumley

I was the first to fly that day - started right at the 7am gasser start time. I wanted to get the rudder dunk out of the way before things got busy so the gentleman with me offered to be my spotter for the dunk, then I would be his spotter. I got the dunk out of the way then landed so he could fly. Unfortunately we got a pretty nasty storm during the night before and his receiver got pretty wet. Right after Richard turned off the video he fired up, took off, lost radio contact and watched he 50cc Sbach shred itself through the trees across the field. I still had plenty of gas, so Richard and I went back to the pond for another quick dunk, then we burned out the rest of the tank.

philgriffin

There's a huge thread going on over on FG about that very subject right now. I've not been to Nall, and looks can be deceiving on video, but it does look like those were some really close fly-bys.

WrongWay

Good Job Richard---------------and Rusty!

Wish you had got Justin and I down at the pond-----even at night dunking.

A
Wishes can come true!

I was the first to fly that day - started right at the 7am gasser start time. I wanted to get the rudder dunk out of the way before things got busy so the gentleman with me offered to be my spotter for the dunk, then I would be his spotter. I got the dunk out of the way then landed so he could fly. Unfortunately we got a pretty nasty storm during the night before and his receiver got pretty wet. Right after Richard turned off the video he fired up, took off, lost radio contact and watched he 50cc Sbach shred itself through the trees across the field. I still had plenty of gas, so Richard and I went back to the pond for another quick dunk, then we burned out the rest of the tank.
Watch in this vid below, I think you can see his tire tracks in the dew at the 5:20 mark. Took off toward the trees, landing no radio in them.. That sucked...

Anyway, it looks like Al, and Justin are getting loads of fun out of that J&J tailwheel...Cool stuff..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDypAUbD4ls[/ame]

Bam Bam

Yo guys,
decieded to make this plane even more interesting! added some smoke biotches!!!
yee haw!

Smoke tank in the wings, smoke pump inside the forward hatch of the wing. There is one tube to connect when putting the wings on at the field that goes to the exhaust. very simple, but works great! has not affected c.g.! pics and test vid below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-2R9thJkJI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

Bam Bam

Will get vid fo sho!

It's a 250ml water bottle, three line set up. There is a fuel hose that comes out the bottom of the wing for venting, the fuel dot on top of the wing, and the line out goes from the tank, through the shear webbing above wing tube, underneath the front access cover, into the pump, out the pump and out the front of the wing. Works great seeing that the batt is already in the wing, so when I get to the field and put the wings on, I connect the batt wire, the pump wire and aieleron to the rx, then attach the smoke line to the one coming off the muffler. Sounds more complex than it is!
Pics:

Attachments