Wrongway 85cc

carykard

Here it goes and I hope its going to be quick. The build thread of not one, but two 85cc slabs. They're going to be twins in more ways than one. These are not kits and nothing is pre-cut except the ribs. The plans are blownup 50cc plans. I will try and post pics everyday I work on it, but I got a crazy schedule. This is two hours worth of work.

Attachments

Colton

Man I thought you were joking and just making cool rolling saw horses. Those first pictures looks just like some 4x10's with LG on them

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Is that a 1X4? Thought about lightening holes? a 2-1/2" hold saw would do the trick...

I've been waiting for BIG slabs like this- now it they just had a scale-ish outline...

WrongWay

No they will be square... Unless you are gonna put a DA on them in which case you can make them scalish:rolleyes2:

Here is one in TX, has not flown yet.. It has a Reaper 85 electric motor on it (10hp) 96 inch wing 95 inch length, 2740 square inches and 26 in change
if I remember correct with the Batteries Lipo 6s 5000 30c configured in 12s 10,000

Also shown is the same plane in the 50cc size. That boxed out construction with the tubes in the first photo is the fuse strength. You can make the outline
as sexy, or not... and you can imagine....The plans show a Suhkoi. The guy with that 50cc just re drew his outline and built the outline and sticks to it.

These two plane and the one in Texas are proof of concept. Once they are done I will make a decision as to when, if at all I market them.

If anyone is really interested in on of these in a kit, let me know... it will influence my decision. Price - unknown. I can tell you that full kits with hardware
for the 30cc and 50cc are $339.99 and $449.99 plus shipping respectively. Hardware is top shelf stuff.

One more thing, I think that the wingspan is going to be limited to about 96 inches because the sheeting and spars are 48 inch and that is about the limit
when it comes to sourcing material and shipping it.

[email protected]

Richard

Attachments

carykard

Is that a 1X4? Thought about lightening holes? a 2-1/2" hold saw would do the trick...

I've been waiting for BIG slabs like this- now it they just had a scale-ish outline...
It will have plenty of lightning holes, all the holes will be cut then sanded on a spindle sander once the fuses are built. Could possibly end up at 20 to 22lbs. Still figuring out the internals. These will have a couple more servos than the 50cc I built.

roc111672

3D Farm Bartender
Looks like your off to a good start . I guess I better be figuring out what servos I will need for mine.

Richard , I will have 1 per wing 1 on the rudder and 1 on each elevator half. What you got ?

carykard

Looks like your off to a good start . I guess I better be figuring out what servos I will need for mine.

Richard , I will have 1 per wing 1 on the rudder and 1 on each elevator half. What you got ?
We need covering! Should start covering next week. Starting Monday I got 17 days off. And now Blake wants a 20cc for his birthday and wants to fly it in the Wrongway gaggle at Nall. Richard, when will the 20cc's be in?

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
We need covering! Should start covering next week. Starting Monday I got 17 days off. And now Blake wants a 20cc for his birthday and wants to fly it in the Wrongway gaggle at Nall. Richard, when will the 20cc's be in?
I asked the other day and does not have a ETA but they are next. They are cutting the 30cc now and will probably start the 20cc first of March, I think.

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
We have to get Alan to fly if we want all of them in the air at once. We will have five by then.:thumbsup:

Jaybird

Wishin' I was at the farm
Y'all gonna need a sh!t load of covering for those wings. What y'all doing for power?

carykard

WHAAAT! That would be insane on a hot electric setup or on an 85cc engine. Even a DA 60 with a pipe to keep it light...

You're a mad scientist :smash:
We gonna need nose weight so might as well put cu. in. weight on the front instead of lead.