WrongWay 30CC

sbit

No prob bro, just post on here or send me a p.m. if you need help.:thumbsup:
Chason, ww sent you a FUJI bottle, but in your build it is a round one. I see why you'r using it ;however, I don't have one. I find the FUJI bottle is not suited for my build! So,what was the label name that was on yours. Thanks :thumbsup:

WrongWay

The brand is "Honest" Zero calories this one was Lemonade... Tasted pretty darned good too... Made with stevia as a sweetner. I got it at a Publix Grocery store. Let me know if you are coming to FX3D. I have one here, can even make it into a fuel tank if desired.

The bottle is a little more sturdy and has ridges for grabbin onto with tie wrap or other ways of holding your tank to your plane. It weighed about 10g more than a Fiji.

R

sbit

The brand is "Honest" Zero calories this one was Lemonade... Tasted pretty darned good too... Made with stevia as a sweetner. I got it at a Publix Grocery store. Let me know if you are coming to FX3D. I have one here, can even make it into a fuel tank if desired.

The bottle is a little more sturdy and has ridges for grabbin onto with tie wrap or other ways of holding your tank to your plane. It weighed about 10g more than a Fiji.

R
Thanks WW for the info . Gone to the Publix Gro. :biggrin:

bob_nj

I was reading a thread but I can't find it now where the proper type of aluminum angle was mentioned.

Anyone tell me what I should get to mount an engine to the 30cc?

Thanks
Bob

WrongWay

Bob, your very best results may very well be wood. A wood firewall epoxied and pinned to the back of the opening and backed up with 3/4 inch triangle stock epoxied will last the longest. Opinion and experience.

We have several people using angle aluminum to either mount their engines to, or back up their firewalls with... The 30cc does not have as much force as the 50cc and so far work well....but by the time you weigh the aluminum and the bolts that hold it to the fuse, the wood will serve you better. The wood when epoxied with a quality epoxy will absorb the pulses of the gas motor better than metal.

Her is an example, on my 50 and 60cc slabs, I have cracked the 1/8 inch aluminum angle, and broken a 5mm bolt that attached the firewall to the fuse....(that one was sheared)

If you are to look for aluminum, you are best served with structural aluminum. You can't find it in Home Depot or Lowes, you can typically find it in a machine shop... this aluminum has an aluminum billet in the 90 degree part that makes it structural.

Wood is good..

WrongWay

Also, if you are choosing your aluminum from Lowes or HD, the 1/8 thickness would serve the best. Next size down is usually 1/16 and can support the firewall but may not be good for stand alone firewall support. (some guys do away with the wood firewall and just just the aluminum angle on the 30cc.) I cant recommend this for the long haul unless you get the structural type.

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
If you are to look for aluminum, you are best served with structural aluminum. You can't find it in Home Depot or Lowes, you can typically find it in a machine shop...
Not to butt in, but this is what we use in my machine shop, 1x1x1/8" 2024 aircraft grade aluminum extrusion - if you wanted to use such a thing.

Mcmaster.com part number 9681T343

The only angle available that is "better" is the stuff with the certs, but it's like a dumb kid that graduated from college. It has the papers, but there's no real difference.

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
Bob hope the hinge guide i mailed works good. Look at my pic's you will see that I used wood only, so far, so good.

bob_nj

Okey dokey, wood it is.

Haven't used the jig yet.
Getting the workshop ready for the arrival of the V2.
Next obstacle is finding something flat to build on.
Don't know how in the world I'm going to deal with that yet?

How do you like your JC 30?
What model Walbro does it use?

I'm having all kinds of trouble with both of my Syssa engines.
I tried to do the American thing, but it looks like its time to move on.

Thanks for the help
Bob

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
I freaking love my JC 30, it's a monster. Best building table is a flat interior door. Go to a Mom and Pop lumber yard and ask if the have any special order int. doors that they have a deal on. Most have returns that they cant sale. I know because I work for one. $20 bucks will get you one.

bob_nj

Do you check for flatness before you take it?
Well, maybe you can, but do you think they would think I'm berserko
if I ask?

My old door is no longer flat.
How long do you suppose it keeps true?

Do you know what Walbro carb is on the JC?

Thanks
Bob

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
Will check the carb when I get home this afternoon. Best thing to do with the door is to get some 2x4's, 2x2's, or even 1x2's and build a frame under it. Quick and easy and it will never warp.

if I ask?

Thanks
Bob

Vital-Rc

if I ask?

Thanks
Bob

The jc23cc and the jc30cc use the same carb. It is the walbro wt(878)-718.

bob_nj

Yeah, I found it but am sad that I would have to be there to accept it...

Good job though!

Where is the Wrongway 30cc info thread?

Thanks
Bob