World Models 1/3 Clipped Wing Cub

Postie

Sack Up
I'm sure it will hover in the right hands, but it truly is just an overpowered circle flyer...for my dad

Last edited:

posterboard

The Plane Mender
Thanks Dave, you were my inspiration on the DA-100. It was a whole lot of fun trying to shove that cowl around the engine. HOLLY SNIT! That was tight.

PlaneBender

It looks like you have the "Super Cub" cowl, hell thats easy... Mine is the std one. It looks like a frigen G string after you get done. 28LBS with floats. Me and Benson will be at Havasu, you guys oughta come. Lota fun, lota bikinnis too. Somethin about standin in 2ft of water while torque rolling that really pumps my nads.LOL

PlaneBender

Thanks JB, Floats can be a little bit of a pain as the only "Pre Made" ones come out of Canada and cost in the neighborhood of $500. Mine we built from the Balsa USA kit, the kit alone was $179.00 for a lousy box of wood. I would start looking on RCU and other Swap areas for a set of used ones. Worth the hassle for sure.

dkjens

There are no frickin' used 1/3 scale floats, I've looked and looked and looked. I think you, Dave, should just make some moulds with yours and make us some floats in fiberglass, I'm sure we'll all happily pay $250.00 per set, and you've got all the time in the world he he.

PlaneBender

There are no frickin' used 1/3 scale floats, I've looked and looked and looked. I think you, Dave, should just make some moulds with yours and make us some floats in fiberglass, I'm sure we'll all happily pay $250.00 per set, and you've got all the time in the world he he.
Yeah Jens that'l happen...Sheahhh. I've seen sevral at swap meets, I just don't need ANOTHER set so I pass them up. simple math

Get the kit...Go to work...Find the water...Float the plane...Impress the chicks.

JDCWelch

Corky,
I am going to be home on the weekend of Nov. 7th. Are you guys gonna be flying that weekend? I am running a race sunday morning, but if you guys are down with flying in the afternoon that would be awesome! Let me know.

Chase

posterboard

The Plane Mender
Hey Airforce Cadet, What's up? I will be out of town but I'm sure Neal, Brian and Greg would enjoy getting together that afternoon. I'll talk to them tomorrow and will let you know. Call me when you get in town.

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
What about these floats by Sea Commander HERE?

dkjens

Yep, they do have the 60" Sea Foam Floats, which look pretty nice, for only $170.00. I don't think they had those last time I checked their website. The nice fiberglass floats kit with mounting hardware is about $560.00.

PlaneBender

About 600.00 by the time you ship them. It just depends on how soon you want them as to how much a guy wants to spend. They are not a "Cub" float either, however they work great on these planes.

2cents