World Models 1/3 Clipped Wing Cub

posterboard

The Plane Mender
Last Saturday night at my 50th B-day party I received a World Models 1/3 Clipped Wing Cub from my Wife, Family, Neal (Postie), Brian (BBP), Greg (Painter) and Wendy (The Princess). A big thanks goes out to all that helped make this happen. Now, I need to find an engine to power this beast. I am looking at anything from a 3W 75ius to a DA 100. If anyone has an engine to sell, let me know. I want to bring this plane to Hell Centro! Photo's to follow

posterboard

The Plane Mender
Okay, so here are some photos of my Cub. The kit had some issues but nothing that couldn't be fixed.....other than the POS China-cote. All in all I'm happy with the plane. Now for some POWER!

Specifications:

Wing Span 120"
Wing Area 2402 sq in
Flying Weight 27.5 lbs
Fuse Length 90.5"

Attachments

dkjens

I have the Super Cub and had a 3W106 in it. I'm trying to sell mine but if it doesn't sell I'll put something like a 60-80cc single in it.

posterboard

The Plane Mender
Hey Jens, was the 106 too much for that plane? That Super Cub has a wing span of
over 140". I thought you could never have too much power though. Even funnier is the fuse is only 8" wide at the fire wall!

dkjens

Hey Jens, what are you asking for that super cub? Just curious

It has 7 (new with the plane) HS5985MG and one HS6545MG installed, custom wiring with Graupner/Multiplex plugs for wing servos, 2 switches, tank and fuel dot, DuBro 1/3 Scale Cub tires (originals suck). Install engine, Rx and batteries and go fly ---------------------- $1,200.00 OBO

If you can use it I'll throw in a 27x10 prop.

dkjens

Hey Jens, was the 106 too much for that plane? That Super Cub has a wing span of
over 140". I thought you could never have too much power though. Even funnier is the fuse is only 8" wide at the fire wall!

Nothing is to much, just depends on what you want to do with it. I tried hovering it, but you have to be real quick on the controls to keep it nose up, and I'm not he he.

I had a 100" Rearwind Speedster once, first flew it with an MVVS2.15 gasser, then with a Saito1.50, the Saito was way more fun. If the Cub behaves much like a Cub, of course with a little extra oomph, it is way more fun than if you try to make it behave like a fully aerobatic plane (IMHO).

posterboard

The Plane Mender
SO....figure 8's, loops, rolls and maybe a Yette thrown in on a 100cc engine and I should be fine? Hover...OMG, I still hate to land!

Postie

Sack Up
Well, I have decided that I need a cub with floats so I can have an excuse to go to Lake Havasu for their float fly.

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Whats the difference between the super cub and the clipped wing cub? is one aerobatic and the other not?

dkjens

I don't know if I'd call the clipped wing aerobatic, it probably rolls faster. The Super is a full wing span Cub and has flaps, and the pilot sits in the front seat he he.

Postie

Sack Up
clipped wing has a shorter wing making it less floaty and more aerobatic

super cub has a little more sleeker cowl and it has a full wing with flaps