Why NOT to fly with EDF's

Classclown

That's just a guy not giving a crap. Reminds me of flying in Grand Junction when the electrics go up, like Cody says its time to land.

Almost forgot Clown, Helicopters suck. Its to bad that was a yak and not a heli. :biggrin:
I have this theory, the thin air up there has clouded all you guys's thinking processes, if you think helis are stupid...:crazy:

red7fifty

BadAss Member
Sucks.....
Only thing to do in the future, is choosing who should be in the air with you, and who (or what other type of aircraft) poses a hazard or threat to yours.
I always INSIST on a spotter when I fly any of my larger birds. Their job is to watch my surroundings, so when "Mayhem" approaches the flight line, I'm out of there!
(Mayhem is a member of my club who crashed a P-40 into the pits.) He Crashed his plane at full bore, 3 feet from my parked MXS, and 5 feet from my buddy standing there, about to take his plane apart.

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Seems like every time I fly there is some dufus or FOG that is running blind hot-laps like that. Making low WOT passes down the runway is like an addiction. The clubs should control this activity for safety's sake. Someone is going to get injured eventually with these things happening with greater frequency.

My philosophy... never fly when the idiot you share airspace with can't buy your airplane. It's just stupid to think that something bad will come eventually.

aussiesteve

Sucks.....
Only thing to do in the future, is choosing who should be in the air with you, and who (or what other type of aircraft) poses a hazard or threat to yours.
I always INSIST on a spotter when I fly any of my larger birds. Their job is to watch my surroundings, so when "Mayhem" approaches the flight line, I'm out of there!
(Mayhem is a member of my club who crashed a P-40 into the pits.) He Crashed his plane at full bore, 3 feet from my parked MXS, and 5 feet from my buddy standing there, about to take his plane apart.
You must fly at the same field as me? :biggrin:
We have a couple of fliers who perfectly fit the description of "Mayhem".
I usually fly on a Sunday Afternoon at that particular field because the "Mayhems" of the world have usually run out of planes by then. :smash:

ChrisH

I land when I hear that noise. I usually try and call my landing before he takes off, just so I can make him stand there and wait. I hate flying with those F-heads and I hate cutting my flight short to avoid flying with them, so I wait until they call out their take off and then I yell out, "LANDING!" Club rules state the landing plane has the right of way, so he can just stand there and wait on me. I've been known to intentionally botch an approach just so I can go around and make the Fk'r wait some more.

Can't wait 3 more minutes until my timer goes off? FORK YOU!! Douchehole!!

Can ya tell how much I like high speed knats flying around me?

My first reaction when I saw that video was, I'd go bunch that guy right in the mouth. I hope that never happens to me, but if it does, I hope there a couple big burley guys there to hold me back. I don't need the assault charges.

Last edited:

Classclown

You must fly at the same field as me? :biggrin:
We have a couple of fliers who perfectly fit the description of "Mayhem".
I usually fly on a Sunday Afternoon at that particular field because the "Mayhems" of the world have usually run out of planes by then. :smash:
Mayhem is everywhere.... Every field has at least 2 or 3.