Why NOT to fly with EDF's

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
Complete lack of communication. Could of been averted if someone said something. If something was said, then that warrants as ass whooping.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back, except it was a .40 sized RV-4. And there was communication - other dude was an idiot. I wanted payment for my plane, but come to find out he was in hock to the club for his membership, and surely couldn't pay $1100 for a new plane...

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah- I call I getting SAM'ed. A mid air happens when two same size planes collide. Getting SAM'ed is when some yahoo is out there punching holes in the sky WOT with no awareness of WTF is going on around him.

As soon as I hear those little bastards spin up I'm on final to land. $5,000 gasser vs $150 banana hobby EFD jet- the jet wins every time...

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Complete lack of communication. Could of been averted if someone said something. If something was said, then that warrants as ass whooping.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back, except it was a .40 sized RV-4. And there was communication - other dude was an idiot. I wanted payment for my plane, but come to find out he was in hock to the club for his membership, and surely couldn't pay $1100 for a new plane...
Car keys-now... or hospital shortly.

Too bad, That looked like a lot of work went into that zero, usually there's nobody to blame. it's just part of the game, you always seperate the planes and jets at any event before flying....

impulse09

Hard at lurk.
What zero?

Poor communication is all. EDFs and 3D types can occupy the same airspace without incident (even with stupid helicopters).

PS. I own all 3 types.

chumley

OK, now that we are on Zero's and Heli's . . .

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?videoid=ddff6581-448c-498c-9c15-d6648557c1ca&sr c=v5:pause:twitter:&from=sharepermalink-twitter#.UVWd6kyR7nV.email

crazyjoe

That's just a guy not giving a crap. Reminds me of flying in Grand Junction when the electrics go up, like Cody says its time to land.

Almost forgot Clown, Helicopters suck. Its to bad that was a yak and not a heli. :biggrin:

Last edited:

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I'm not taking that risk.

I agree- communication is key. But everyone knows not everyone gives a damn if they fly their $150 Bannana hobby EDF through your giant scale plane.

It's a choice. If there is a missile making hot passes up and down the runway, and flying erratically I'm going to give them as much room as I can. Most of the time that means landing! Sometimes it means fluing way high and far away. But where is the fun in that?

Most of the time at my flying field everyone waits their turn- or gassers fly together, then electrics. Usually it works out great.

impulse09

Hard at lurk.
Hey man, helicopters are awesome... :toetap:
But somebody on the internet told me they were stupid. ;)

I know the WOT guy. Whether I'm flying a hairdryer, heli, or bigun, I'm watching out for him and me, because he can't.

I think a major contributing factor is the speed differential (one guy "sitting still", one guy balls to the wall). Funny to watch.

Last edited:

riverfront

That's just a guy not giving a crap. Reminds me of flying in Grand Junction when the electrics go up, like Cody says its time to land.

Almost forgot Clown, Helicopters suck. Its to bad that was a yak and not a heli. :biggrin:
Hey I just order two rx to get my heli's back in the air, thought I might fly them at the throw down

riverfront

Hey Cody you need to see if you can get Dookieshoot's avitar for the Throwdown ,get some stick on tattoos it would be ready to go.