Who is up for an invasion

Discussion in 'Events' started by GmanBIll, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kaveman

kaveman Well-Known Member

hey mike you up for cable again this year ?

2. GmanBIll

GmanBIll Well-Known Member

If I don't have him in the Dietrich booth he is a team member Kevin.

3. GmanBIll

Well that is the 18th Mithie, that means you have Sunday the 19th free, LOL.

4. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

Finally! something local. We will be there.

Lucky

5. red

red Well-Known Member

From what I gather, its just a fun fly right?
    Sounds good, I'll try and make it.
    Maybe I can get Grimme to come along.

6. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

I called the crew. It looks like it will be 5 of us headed to the basin to invade

Lucky

7. GmanBIll

Just a fun day showing off for a bunch of kids and there dads, I can here it now, "buy you one, no it is more like buy me one" from a few dads.

8. GmanBIll

It is getting close guys, I need to know how many are going to show + or - 2 where I can tell the director.

Kevin I have not forgot about you, it will be there once I get back from up north.

9. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

is there a entry fee for this event?

10. GmanBIll

No, we will be there as exhibition pilots and to show the high end of the hobby to people who have an interest in getting in to it. Basically think you may be able to help expand the hobby, and get a chance to fly where the sky is just us and not a bunch of little circle flyer's getting in our way.

11. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Circus Staff Lifetime Supporter

When is this gig again???

12. GmanBIll

Sunday, and I have another 75cc but I don't think I will have it done for you Mike, I have one on the table now that has to be done before the 75 gets built.

Attached Files:

13. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

Bill, what time will u be there tomorrow? Will we be able to fly around 7am? or only between 10 and 2.

Thanks
    Lucky

14. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

Bill, there will be 4 of us flying. Should we also bring our electrics to fly?

15. GmanBIll

If you want, there will be about 200 father and son's or Daughters there and A lot of people asking questions of you guys, I hope you are up to that, but knowing you will be there will be great, the sky will be all yours a lot of time during the day and you will be allowed to cut it loose. I may have to run one of the simulators or work in another capacity but my 42% will be there to play with too and you guys know I am real trusting with my toys. Just let me know and I will be there early but probably wont bring the rolling hobby shop where we will have more room . AND YES IT IS SUNDAY THE 19TH ALL DAY. LOL

16. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

What up yall,

We had a great time today. I think we represented the circus very well. I had a perfect landing on the last flight! Well, a perfect invert landing. Minor damage since i was Low, Slow, & Wicked. Hopefully someone has some photos i can post.

Thanks Bill for the invite. We had a blast.

17. GmanBIll

You guys rocked, when I got up this morning there was a E-mail from Chuck that I will pass on via the Circus site. You guys can take another bow, they loved what you did and we will let someone else explain the scratches on the rudder.

Dear Valley Flyers Volunteer and TFC pilots,

I wanted to express my sincere thanks for your help with today's Y-Fly event. I know that the kids had a fun time and everyone from the Valley Flyers did an excellent job. It was as great as we could have hoped for and I appreciate everyone's support.

The event was covered by Fox News and should appear on tonight's 10 PM news on Fox 11 and KCOP channel 13 at 11 PM.

I will begin preparing event coverage for our newsletter immediately, and would like copies of any photos or video you may have taken ASAP. The Y-Guides will also be covering the event in their news letter and web sites.

If you have any photos or video, please post it to my iDisk. You can do it right from your browser. Just click on the link below and then click the upload button. You can zip or stuff individual photos into a single file and I have 10 GB of storage, so please send photos in high quality.

I will also be preparing an article and photos for Model Aviation Magazine.

Thanks,

Chuck Thompson

-

http://idisk.mac.com/chuckthompson-Public?view=web

18. GmanBIll

19. Dean Bird

Dean Bird Lifetime Supporter

Is there a link to it in the real world? On here all I get is a little green screen.

20. In-N-Out

In-N-Out previously Cowlhead

Thats awesome, just what this hobby needs Good media coverage.