Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'TFC Announcements & Help' started by BRUTUS, May 7, 2015.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating using the link above.
  1. May 7, 2015 #1

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Where did everyone go? Some days were only getting 1 or 3 posts a day! Was there a migration?

I gotta say- it makes me really sad that the Circus, or Cirkus of old has dwindled to current status. I spent years trying to re kindle the fire any way I could. I guess it was all for naught. If it weren't for 3d farm, super08, tseres, me, and the political thread there would be nothing.

Where do we go now?:cryin:

2. May 7, 2015 #2

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

I am lurking in the shadows, and post sometimes

3. May 8, 2015 #3

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

I'm Lurking in the shadows too.
    I think with the popularity of the various Social Media nowadays, the forums in general are getting less popular. I see a similar trend in The Equestrian and the Engineering forums I frequent also but the decline in the RC ones seems to be a bit faster.

Hopefully everyone is out flying.

4. May 8, 2015 #4

MadMonkey

MadMonkey

MadMonkey

That's MISTER idiot to you!

I'm here, but I'm usually in the gun thread or multirotor thread since I'm not flying giant scale at the moment.

5. May 8, 2015 #5

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

I'm here. I just never have a lot to say.

6. May 8, 2015 #6

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

The RV forum I am a member of is really getting slow too , so just for sheets and grins I tell them I am looking at a new tow truck to pull a 10,000 pound travel trailer and want to know if a 1/2 ton will do it, then you sit back and watch the show, it then becomes a 3/4 vs 1 ton vs gas vs diesel vs GM vs Ford vs Ram war

Revy and BRUTUS like this.
  7. May 8, 2015 #7

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

Ram, 1 ton, diesel. :biggrin:

huckster98 likes this.
  8. May 8, 2015 #8

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

I've been lurking too. I'll chime in from time to time. Not much going on in the RC world for me in the last year. F'n priorities, eh? :ack:

9. May 8, 2015 #9

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

As we get older it seems to me that, contrary to how we think it should be, life becomes more demanding of our time and energies. I continue to frequent various sites, post more in some that others, but find I have less time available to do it.

10. May 8, 2015 #10

kwilson

kwilson

kwilson

Gold Member

Ford super duty diesel 7.3L

11. May 8, 2015 #11

Vital-Rc

Vital-Rc

Vital-Rc

I'm here but flying multirotors more and trying to finish up my private pilot , you add work and life on top of that I just dont post much anymore but still lurk .

12. May 8, 2015 #12

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Life happens. I post less too. Most of what i needed to say, and learn has been learned. Now it's just updating friends on the current state of affairs.

13. May 8, 2015 #13

Bobby Folsom

Bobby Folsom

Bobby Folsom

Amazing how much time I don't have since I retired six years ago!! I really enjoy this thread to watch the banter go back and forth. What a hoot! As for new information - it's getting where there is little new information posted now versus just two years ago. Oh well, maybe it will pick up when the summer flying season comes to an end!

14. May 8, 2015 #14

lxcoupe

lxcoupe

lxcoupe

Can I say that?

I'm here. Trying to post when I can. I still like this site better than the other sites. I think most of the guys from Florida and Georgia are communicating through Facebook. I don't give two flips about Facebook never had it never will.

15. May 8, 2015 #15

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Yeah, I've seen facebook posts that belonged here. Times are changing.

16. May 8, 2015 #16

flymedic

flymedic

flymedic

Huckin Fire Trucker

Wish I had more to offer in the forums. I mostly watch and read to learn. Like lxcoupe said, I like this site best of all. I know several migrated over to sleepy's new site, but this one is far better even when it's slow. Just always got a good vibe here even though I live way over here.....................

Revy likes this.
  17. May 9, 2015 #17

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

Actually that's Bart's (Multirotor Forums) new site, Sleepy just helps a lot. I'm a member there too but with only a couple of posts over three or four months I don't think I'm all that active there at all. I think I've conversed with Bart more over the phone than I have posted at the new site.

18. May 9, 2015 #18

kwilson

kwilson

kwilson

Gold Member

I'm not big on facebook at all, just maintain an account because ....wel im not even sure why.
    I'm a FG member since 2006 but got tired of the "points" system, and all the other bs. Some friends turned me on to this site and I've been hooked ever since.
    There might not be much traffic but the guys here know their chit. I also have a lot of fun on the political thread��

19. May 9, 2015 #19

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

I've been hoping to get the multirotor thread to grow quite a bit. That's a bit difficult since I have an aversion to FPV goggle flying at any serious distance or above low level stuff. It CAN be done safely so I've had to stand back from an earlier position.

Multirotors are what I believe to be the fastest growing part of our hobby and there is vast diversity in what people are doing with them. We have photography, mapping, racing, fun flying and other stuff with all of it mixed up with a lot of different frame types with sizes from what will fit in your hand to stuff too large to fit in a pick up truck bed. It definitely keeps you on your technological toes, with much of it counter intuitive.

20. May 9, 2015 #20

thepamster

thepamster

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes Lifetime Supporter

Well hell, here you guys are! Lol.
    It has been slow on all the other sites too. I hope not everybody is just posting on Facebook. That's all good and fine for your inner circle of friends but what about everyone else? Sharing is fundamental, or was that reading is fundamental, well either way its fundamental dammitt.
    Maybe there are just so many ways you can say Red line or Stihl at 40:1 until there is nothing left to be said.:biggrin:

deerfreak likes this.