Well...........

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Well....... As I mentioned in an earlier thread/post, etc.... It has been a wild and crazy life changing 2 years for me. On August 24th 2014, my g/f of 6 years tells me that she is pregnant. I completely break down and loose it. And to boot, I started a new job that very next day. So, needless to say, I slept absolutely zero hours that nite. She told me that nite, that she was around 12 weeks. She had her gyno appt, and her dr. tells her that she is 6.5 mo's. Let me back track about 2 months..... She is complaining about a pain in her stomach and that her feet were swelling. Her family dr diagnosises her as preapendecitis. I tell her that I think that is BS, and she needs to get another opinion or test done. She schedules a MRI, and while on the table, it stops. And there is nothing but ailence on the other end. They call in the hospital chaplin, and they break the news to her. She completely lost it and was frozen on the table for nearly an hour, fearing, I guess, how I was going to react to the news. I took it quite well, but broke down heavily.

So, back up to speed here. We spend lots of weekends talking about things, her appointments. Then she lays it on me. That she is going to keep the baby at her parents place, at this time, she had moved out of my house. I told her that I wasnt hip to that, but whatever. We had less than 3 mos to get the babys room ready here, for when they stay with me. It was around late Sept when we found out what we are having. A bouncing baby boy! There was something inside of me that instantly changed. Noone is even remotely ready to be a dad, but all we can do is try, right! ;)

We had 1 last dr appt and the dr came back in, and said that she booked us a room for tomorrow, Friday, Nov 21. Scooter came into our lives at 223p, coming in at 20 1/4" and 7#9oz, with blonde hair and super sweet baby blue eyes! We had a really rough time deciding on his name. A family name is/was very important to me, as it was to her too. I wanted Ray, somewhere in is name, as Ray is my grandpa's first name, and my dads middle name. And for whatever reason, she chose Nathaniel. I'm none to crazy about his first name, at the time. But, dont tell her, but it is somewhat growing on me.

Fast fwd to today, kinda..... A year ago in March. I broke my pelvis, in an ATV accident. Totally my fault, but everyone said that the accident could have been worse. But I dont see it that way. Anyways, momma and Nate came to the hospital each day I was in there, Sunday-Tuesday, released on Wed, and stayed with my parents for the following 8 weeks. I was up and moving on crutches in 5 weeks. And during the 8th week, I ditched the crutches, and since I'm going back to work soon, I need to do some stair therapy. My house has stairs, so what a better way to get so.e therapy in. My parents were feeling like I was working too hard to get better fast. In fact, I didnt push myself hard enough. I went back to work 2 weeks early. I had my last follow up dr appt 2 weeks after I returned to work. My dr asked me how I was managing at work, stairs, etc..... I said, well, my first week back to work, I walked 25 miles in 5 days. The look on his face was priceless! All smiles and a high 5 later, he says, dont call me, I'll call you! :) No work restrictions, etc.

I think in some way, Nate helped me get better faster, as I wasnt going to be lazy, regardless.

He has been going to fly ins and such with me. We even have been to the gun range. He had a hard time with the ear muffs, but once they were on, once he had something in his grubby little mitts, spent shell casings. :) He is not fond of jet turbines yet, but the exposure is what Im after, for him. Some of you already know about him, and most of you dont. So, I present to you, my super stud, baby boy!

Attachments

Xpress..

Hitec Sales
Yeah it sounds like you've had a gnarly 2 years man. Your kid aught to be throwin down by the time he's able to hold a tx in his hands :biggrin::thumbsup:

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
He already wants to play on my XG11. He gets mad when I take it from him, so I can fly. Need to get him a junk radio to play with when I go fly.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Havent been here in a few years. Life has been going good, well, as best we can be during this time.

Momma and I went on a cruise in March '19. Did something I never thought I would have ever done...... And now, I realize I should have jumped off the ship and swam home!! Lol!!! No, but seriously, I asked her to marry me. Then we ended up getting married in a small ceremony on May 16, which was 1 of the 2 dates we wanted. But here in 3 weeks, we will be having the big ceremony and party.

Then the current deal going on in this world, I havent worked since March 19th, nearing 3.5 months. So, I am debating on getting my CDL. I have been affected by this bug for far too long, and I have no idea when I will be going back. So, needless to say, I am pretty much done with the Automotive Industrial Maintenance field. I would love to continue in the Maintenance field, but I think I need to set my feet into something else......... Not sure....

Anyways, I attached a few pics of me and the boy having fun!

Attachments