tx life span

lxcoupe

Can I say that?
I use mine until it crashes an airplane then i buy another brand:biggrin:

But seriously I really do that:banghead:

yakken

i have been using a dx7 for about five years. i want to get a new radio for next year. just cant decide on which one. :toetap:

i like the jr radios but i think the analog throttle trim is stupid. imho

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I use mine until it crashes an airplane then i buy another brand:biggrin:

But seriously I really do that:banghead:
Me too. Had a Hitec Optic 6...

I made the switch to the A9 and never looked back.
:)
...as you smile and wave at the one flying away for good! :D

I have just upgraded to a JR 9503 from the DX7. Way more features than you'll use but ergonomically the same case, just better materials used. Took a while to get used to the programming, but so far a happy camper. It works with all the Rx's I have accumulated over the years, even the Hobby King Orange. The DX7 is still in use as the new slave radio for training. As for it's life span, IDK it's been problem free for the same amount of time you've had yours.

You'll like the JR. ;)

Vital-Rc

Me too. Had a Hitec Optic 6...

...as you smile and wave at the one flying away for good! :D

I have just upgraded to a JR 9503 from the DX7. Way more features than you'll use but ergonomically the same case, just better materials used. Took a while to get used to the programming, but so far a happy camper. It works with all the Rx's I have accumulated over the years, even the Hobby King Orange. The DX7 is still in use as the new slave radio for training. As for it's life span, IDK it's been problem free for the same amount of time you've had yours.

You'll like the JR. ;)
lol you don't want to get in a brand war do you? I do own a spektrum radio don't get me wrong, it's an awesome radio. It does a great job for my foamies.

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I flew a FUTABA 9ZAP from 1993 to 2005 when I got a 14MZ
The 9ZAP still works... needs a new battery though...

I sent it in once for a aileron potentiometer replacement... and a replacement of the little Li battery inside...

prolly 5000 flights over 12 years...

MadMonkey

That's MISTER idiot to you!
Flew Futaba/Hitec for years when I was younger. Bought an OLD JR 9 channel and used it for a while, worked great... bought a 4-Star and Futaba 4 channel when I got back into the hobby, quickly purchased a 72mhz JR9303 right after and used it for a long time (still do). Never had issues with those radios, except when using GWS and Berg receivers on the 9303.

Then I bought a 2.4ghz 9303 and immediately lost three planes to it (with two different receivers), so it was sold quickly. Later bought a DX7, no issues except a momentary loss of control with an orange receiver.

Now I have an Airtronics SD10G for anything larger than my mid-range electrics. So far it's worked well...

yakken

Flew Futaba/Hitec for years when I was younger. Bought an OLD JR 9 channel and used it for a while, worked great... bought a 4-Star and Futaba 4 channel when I got back into the hobby, quickly purchased a 72mhz JR9303 right after and used it for a long time (still do). Never had issues with those radios, except when using GWS and Berg receivers on the 9303.

Then I bought a 2.4ghz 9303 and immediately lost three planes to it (with two different receivers), so it was sold quickly. Later bought a DX7, no issues except a momentary loss of control with an orange receiver.

Now I have an Airtronics SD10G for anything larger than my mid-range electrics. So far it's worked well...
Just checked out that SD10g . That looks like a good tx too.

lxcoupe

Can I say that?
I dare you to find anyone who has had a problem with jr 11x since it has come out. I think you will find they are non existent. It is a reliable and robust radio.

JohnBer

I have been using a 9c sinse 05, it has been great, never a skipped beat. I fear its just getting old tho, has shown no signs other than the batt finally giving out this summer, I just know its long in the tooth. So i just ordered me the SD10G.
I was looking hard at the 8fg also but my hands are just not built for it. feels like i am gonna let it slip outta my hands or crush it. Course the 9c is a pretty big radio.
sd10 has that substantial feel i am used to. The programming features on the sd10 are quite extensive, and impressive for a $500 radio. Now back to studying its manual so i figger it out. Sure i will have lots of ?'s for the guys that have been using em for awhile.

TEC

I've been flying a 9303 since early 2007, getting ready to upgrade to an 11X simply for the servo matching and back lite screen.

Vital-Rc

I was going to buy a Aurora 9 but I keep reading about people losing planes. :yikes:
I understand, we haven't had any issues at our club and I believe there are 7 or 8 of us using the a9. I love my radio and will continue to use it until it gives me trouble. I wonder how many people actually have locks or just dumb thumbs as I know they get the best of us sometimes. :thumbsup:

Flatspinjim

With the A9 I think you either get a good one or a bad one. Six of them at my field and 3 have problems, all with great set ups from very experianced flyers. Three with no problems at all.

Vital-Rc

I hope they get it figured out or find a way to prevent it. I've had my radio for awhile so maybe the older systems are better. Who knows........

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
Just checked out that SD10g . That looks like a good tx too.

I fly Futaba 10c, love it - I would recommend it to anybody. Never any problems, very capable, and not a really bad price.

However.... I know Airtronics are underrated systems. I have had the privilege of playing with one of their 10G's and I'd scoop one in a heartbeat if I haven't invested in 8 Futaba receivers. Also just for the record, their servos are awesome and what I'm moving to since Buttface said Hitec servos were for retards, but I digress....

As far as RX life span goes, I know guys (vintage nuts) still flying OG Kraft radios. I have several friends flying Futaba 9C (72 and other) they have had since they came out. As long as you keep them checked out every few seasons, I think they can last until you just want to upgrade. Like you want to now :D

james

I dare you to find anyone who has had a problem with jr 11x since it has come out. I think you will find they are non existent. It is a reliable and robust radio.
i had a problem with my 11X.

i dropped it setting up a plane and broke some switches off.horizon fixed it for free.:biggrin: more than willing to pay for repairs but they never gave me the chance. it showed up on my door step fixed.:thumbs: