Thunder Tiger TOC 40% Extra 260 Build

JBenson

Circus Staff
Is that tail wheel stadard TT equipment? Last I knew these planes didn't include a tail wheel. That is nice if it is in the kit!

JB

JBenson

Circus Staff
That's cool Rocky, leaves room for personal preference. These planes are very nice, I miss mine terribly.

JB

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Not allot of progress this week. We got distracted by the upcoming Fresno Event. We did however install the rudder tray. We started out by removing the rudder tray that is installed in the plane, and made doublers from 1/4" ply for the PBS rudder tray to have something to bite onto. We also installed the ignition switch and one of the reciever switches. We are waiting for the big brown truck to bring a delivery of goodies so we can finish this thing

Rudder Tray.JPG

Rudder Tray 2.JPG

Stay tuned, this plane will be completed after Fresno.

Bodywerks

Circus Staff
Yeah, probably so. Short of the extra piece of plywood around the servo cutout in the tail of my AWX planes, there is no other real structural changes. I am sure it would be no biggy to do if the CG would allow it.
There was a guy flying one of these planes in Unlimited last weekend. It was on his own custom pipes and had plenty of power and flew really light and seemed to snap clean. I think you all will like it.

Showtime

Circus Staff
From what Ron says the plane is a little tail heavy and his is with a 3w170 with ll90 cans so i would say mounting the sevos in the tail for the rudder would not be a good idea.,