This is not a build thread!

towman208

I will call this a help me build a 40% extra 300, I'm in over my head thread! First of all can anyone out there identify this airplane? I believe it to be a J-Tech Radio Wave 40%er. I figure some one may recognize the covering layout.

Attachments

doorguy1

I will call this a help me build a 40% extra 300, I'm in over my head thread! First of all can anyone out there identify this airplane? I believe it to be a J-Tech Radio Wave 40%er. I figure some one may recognize the covering layout.
You must have bought that from Lawn Jockey (Bruce)? It is a J-Tech. An Extra I believe.

Saw your pic in the Feb. piture of the month thread. Looks like you're flying over by Eagle road?

Last edited:

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
I bought LJ's Illusion several years back. Bruce is a top notch dude!!!

Sure does look like a J-Tech or RadioWave.

Any good strong 150 will fly it fine. Just depends on what you want to do with it.

doorguy1

Any good strong 150 will fly it fine. Just depends on what you want to do with it.
So your the luck SOB that got that. I was 10 min. too late! Do you still have it?

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
I was the SOB that got it!!!! I don't have it anymore.......... I put 7 flights on it, and was at our full scale airshow, and on an inverted pass went to push an upline, and the canopy blew off, and folded the wings............... I still have all the radio equipment I bought for it, sold the engine.

doorguy1

I was the SOB that got it!!!! I don't have it anymore.......... I put 7 flights on it, and was at our full scale airshow, and on an inverted pass went to push an upline, and the canopy blew off, and folded the wings............... I still have all the radio equipment I bought for it, sold the engine.
I am sorry to hear that. She was purdy!

towman208

You must have bought that from Lawn Jockey (Bruce)? It is a J-Tech. An Extra I believe.

Saw your pic in the Feb. piture of the month thread. Looks like you're flying over by Eagle road?
Well we used to fly at Eagle rd. Now we go out to Ten Mile just south of the freeway, may have to join a club to fly this one tho! What is your name, did we bump into each other today?:crazy:

towman208

I want to huck this biatch! Will a 150 give me good punch out of trouble? I'm not ascared to put a 170 if'in thats what she needs.:biggrin:

doorguy1

Well we used to fly at Eagle rd. Now we go out to Ten Mile just south of the freeway, may have to join a club to fly this one tho! What is your name, did we bump into each other today?:crazy:
Name is Brian. Don't think we have met but we shoud change that. You guy's going to be flying tomorrow (weather permitting)?

As for the J-Tech ..... At this elevation I would lighten it up if possible and look for a ZDZ 160. Just my thoughts!

Last edited:

towman208

First order of buisness, the airplane has been sitting for so long the wing tube 'fit' into the wings is way to tight. I gently applied baby powder, however I'm afraid of breaking something. My first idea is to have someone turn about a .001 off the tube. Any thots guys?

towman208

Name is Brian. Don't think we have met but we shoud change that. You guy's going to be flying tomorrow (weather permitting)?

As for the J-Tech ..... At this elevation I would lighten it up if possible and look for a ZDZ 160. Just my thoughts!
I'm tryin to get everybody together about 1:00 tomorrow out at Ten Mile. There are 3 levels over there, the middle is the best. It can be accesed from overland. There is a canal that runs thru the middle, where the canal intersects the road is the spot to turn in. Bring a 4 wheel drive as it is likely to be a bit muddy at the entrance. haha I almost forgot, my name is Steve.

doorguy1

I'm tryin to get everybody together about 1:00 tomorrow out at Ten Mile. There are 3 levels over there, the middle is the best. It can be accesed from overland. There is a canal that runs thru the middle, where the canal intersects the road is the spot to turn in. Bring a 4 wheel drive as it is likely to be a bit muddy at the entrance. haha I almost forgot, my name is Steve.
I know right where you're talking about. The engineering firm I work for did some work on that area when they were bulding the new overpass and ramps. I will try to get over there. How may folks you got flying out there?

Last edited:

towman208

Is that a Radiocraft?
Whatever it is the rudder is massive! I'm visualizing 3 servos to drive it. Seriously, I'm gonna start checking web sites with all the names you guys are throwing out. Maybe I can match it by the covering. A manual would be sweet.

towman208

I know right where your talking about. The engineering firm I work for did some work on that area when they were bulding the new overpass and ramps. I will try to get over there. How may folks you got flying out there?
Oh I figure 4 of us been meeting out there lately. Prolly more guys go out there from what I hear tho.

doorguy1

Whatever it is the rudder is massive! I'm visualizing 3 servos to drive it. Seriously, I'm gonna start checking web sites with all the names you guys are throwing out. Maybe I can match it by the covering. A manual would be sweet.
I'm fairly certain it's a early model J-Tech/Radio Wave. I would hit the guys at J-Tech up on it. I'll bet they have some insight.

I'm having a hell of a time with spelling and puncuation tonight.......

Last edited:

doorguy1

Found some stuff for ya! Maybe the pic will match up construction for ya. This an older listing I ran across from the web.

New Jtec Radiowave Extra 330 40%

Proffessionally built

Includes carbon fiber spinner & tank - shown in picture

New DA 150 sold seperately

Specifications

Wing Span: 126 inches (3.2m)

Wing Area: 2805 sq inches

Wing Loading: 31.5 - 33.5 oz/sq ft

Fuselage Length: 110 Inches (2.8m)

Engine: 150cc - 200cc

* Premium Fiberglass Cowl & Wheel Pants
* Plug In Foam Sheeted Wings
* Plug In Foam Sheeted Stabilizers
* Fully Sheeted Foam Vertical Fin & Rudder
* Aluminum Wing Tube, Tail Tube, Landing Gear
* All Sufaces Are Double Beveled For Superior Throws
* Hard Points Are Pre Installed For Control Horns
* Designed For Canister Style Exhaust Systems
* Covered in Genuine Ultra Cote
* Designed to Accomodate 3 Servos Per Wing
* Designed to Accomodate 2 Servos Per Elevator Half
* Built-in Rudder Tray For Pull-Pull Setup
* Optional Bays for Rudder Servos In The Tail

Attachments

Colton

Thats a radio craft man. It was before Jtec. They were built lighter. My 35% is 23 1/4 lbs all up weight. Most were coming out at 24 to 24 1/2

I expect you'll have a ton of fun with that plane