The Pamster Files

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
I thought it was about time I start my own thread so here it is.

Welcome to The Pamster Files.

My name is Pam. I build and fly model airplanes.
I will post my shenanigans here in this thread from time to time.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
First up, my Extra 330.
This is my 30% Pilot Extra 330SC. It has been finished for quite some time, like back in early spring. I had a picture day as well as engine tune.
These first few pics are from that day. They only show various views of the plane.
It is powered by a DLE61 with a Jtec muffler and has Savox 1231 servos all the way around. It also contains a Sullivan smoke system.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
After taking my new plane home and going over everything all seemed good so now it was time to maiden, well eventually.
Eventually came a couple weeks ago, meaning I finally got off my lazy a$$ and went to the field. Lol.
Here are some post maiden pics. Sorry no video. I need to find me one of those baseball cap video recording thingys.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Well that's all I have at the moment. Stay tuned and hopefully this won't be the most boring thread on the web. Lol.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that it flew well, after I turned off the low rates, on the ailerons anyway.
How could I have forgotten to mention how it flew? I am such a newb. Lol.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Considering how much I have posted of my planes on other people's threads heck I don't mind at all and I am fine with glow.

Christen Eagle?

red7fifty

BadAss Member
I have two different mufflers. One, I found an ARF Aluminum wheel collar that fit close, and tapped it in with a hammer. The other, (again, ARF hardware) found a fuel clunk that was close in size....tapped that in with a socket and hammer.
Aluminum brazing rod keeps the sucker in place.
Capping off one side of the Pitts, increases the back pressure to get a better fuel feed. Leaving a small hole will allow the oil to drain out, instead of one side filling up, lol.
If I need to increase the pressure, I can tap the insert, and plug it with a small bolt.
On the other hand, if I want to decrease the backpressure (highly doubt it), I could open it up with a drill bit.

Plowboy

Hey there Pamster. I see you're up in Dallas, I'm just down 35 a couple hours. Where do you fly up there? There are two clubs here, but precious few gassers, and even fewer 3D fliers. I'm thinking a lot about getting back into flying and would love to go where there is some action at a flying field for a change.