Synthetic Oil

Slappy

Gonna make the switch to Synthetic AmsOil Sabre. 100 : 1 is suffucient for my DLE 55 and My DA 50? What do you guys run?

Slappy

I already have some AmsOil Sabre that was given to me and was wondering if 100 to 1 is sufficient or should I use a differant ratio. Anyone using AmsOil Sabre? If so, What ratio are you using?

kwilson

Gold Member
Throw it away. Amsoil 100:1 will stick the rings. I have torn down engines after significant run time with Amsoil 100:1, Redline 45:1, and Stihl hp Ultra 50:1. Stihl and Redline looked great all the way around. Amsoil protected the bottom end fine, but carboned up and stuck the rings, bad.

Slappy

Thanks Brother, good to know. Anyone else have a problem with the AmsOil?
kwilson, where are you getting the Red-Line from?

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Stihl hp ultra. They give amsoil away for a reason. You can get gallons of stihl for $60. Lasts a season or two if you fly 100cc at least once a month.

kwilson

Gold Member
kwilson, where are you getting the Red-Line from?
I used to get it from Cycle Gear on Wells Rd. in Orange Park, but the price is now $80 per gallon. I switched to Stihl HP Ultra and was getting it for $60 per gallon, but now that has gone up to $70. Mixed at 50: instead of 40:1 also makes it more affordable. I usually get 5-6 months out of a gallon, so not too bad.

Slappy

I'll go with the Stihl HP Ultra. My Neighbor works @ Everglades Farm Equipment and can get me all I need. Thanks for the input. Looks like the Amsoil is going in my leaf blower and weed trimmer!! Much Thanks guys!!

psycho-patch

Buy Stihl Ultra HP in the 2.6oz container.
Add (1) 2.6ox container to a gallon of gas. 50-1 mix.

Don't have to think. Go fly.

kwilson

Gold Member
Buy Stihl Ultra HP in the 2.6oz container.
Add (1) 2.6ox container to a gallon of gas. 50-1 mix.

Don't have to think. Go fly.
Easy, but expensive. Much cheaper by the gallon. Really depends on how much fuel you burn and how much you fly. If you only need one gallon at a time, that is the best way since you won't have to worry about your gas getting stale.

psycho-patch

Yeah I know but this at least gets this guy going along his way to having fun. He can figure it out from here if he wants the convience of 2.6oz containers or measure his own out from gallon jugs.

Slappy

I got 6 5 gallon mix containers for 30 bucks from my neighbor. I do not want to mix 5 gallons of fuel at a time because I wont use it fast enough because I still fly nitro as well. I wan't to mix 2 gallons at a time, that is why I asked. I have a DA 50, a DLE 55 and a DLE20, do you guys reccomend 40 or 50 to 1?

Tired Old Man

Staff member
To determine how much oil you need divide the quantity of gas in ounces (128 ounces=1 gallon) by the desired mix ratio. 128/50= 2.56 ounces of oil. 128/32= 4 ounces of oil. 32-1, and with some even 20-1, is better for sub 50cc engines. It really doesn't hurt >50cc engines either. You won't discover the truth of that for quite a few years, but if you never crash it and keep using it you'll figure it out.