Super's Pilot 40% Edge 540 Assembly

Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by Super08, Feb 8, 2012.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Dec 8, 2012 #621

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

Speaking of servo failures, I've just been troubleshooting a plane that wouldn't start.
    It had spark
    It appeared to have fuel but I overhauled the carb anyway because I thought maybe I had cooked something when I soldered the throttle arm extensions on (I bolt them then add a dob of low melting point silver solder in too) and it had plenty of fuel.

What it was was the choke servo had failed. When I flicked the choke switch, I heard and even saw movement on a rod (choke and throttle servos are next to each other). what had actually happened was the servo had failed and my eyes and ears deceived me as on this plane the throttle opens slightly when I close the choke.

Now it runs real sweet again - good thing I didn't have an emergency because I don't have an optokill on this plane and couldn't rely on the choke to kill it - might have had to rely on the throttle linkage working well with the return springs still attached. :biggrin:

2. Dec 8, 2012 #622

Super08

Super08

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;) Lifetime Supporter

Pat would get a good chuckle out of that one. LOL

3. Dec 9, 2012 #623

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

If you don't have a 30 litre fuel tank you could have flown it till it stopped too ya know;) Course, you're not like some that would use the smallest flight battery they could and pray it would out last the gas tank:)

4. Dec 9, 2012 #624

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

LOL
    It was tongue in cheek about the emergency - there are always plenty of people who wil happily take over my planes from me in such an event. They are all strong enough to be "pylon raced" around the flight area.