Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by siko_flyer, Mar 31, 2013.
Depends on how much sh!t he smokes.lol
Hey Siko, I wasjust checking out your thread on the other site. Major props to you. You have your priorities right!
As far as your aileron set up, did you measure the length of your control horns from the hinge line? Usually you have to use the furthest hole on the out board horn and 1 hole in on the inboard because of the wing taper.
From his description, something is hanging up.....bolts pass through fine, but bind when tightened.
Could be, pushrod length is still slightly off.....could also try leaving them bolted up, and, instead of tapping the aileron, make one pushrod slightly longer, and see if that increases the bind, or lessens it.
Of course, go one side , then check the neutral. If it is still quiet, then check the other direction.
IF, that solves the noise, then, it means your adjustment was off a BCH.
Sh it, forgot the rrr:
F'N EH, Eh! rrr:
Ok,finally decided the ailerons are close enough and moved on to other things.I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.May have finished it today except I ran into some snags.The nut for my SF pin\flag switch is missing,drove all over town and finally found one on an $8 on board glow unit.Then I didn't see the spinner bolt any where,coulda sworn it had one the day I opened the box.Again drove all over town looking for one,none to be found,so I bought a super long m4 and then had to cut it off and then run a die on it to get the threads I needed.Got most of the wiring done,just a few little touch ups to do.I have to figure out a way to mount the 2 into 1 aileron extension plug from Taildragger.Here are some pics.rrr:
"But Siko,I thought you said you got most of the wiring done,I don't see hardly any wires."
That's because I hid themrrr:
Here they are-------
Looking good .
Well,got her fired up today.Ran awesome,but a few things I don't like.First,the throttle was pretty tricky to get hooked up as there is not much room between the muffler and carb where the arm is.Hate the choke set up. It is supposed to lock in then when you throttle up it releases.The problem is were my low throttle is set for idle it won't lock in,I have to throttle up some,then close the choke and throttle down to hold it but not go too far and put an overload on the servo.Third thing is I prefer to tune my engines when they are running,can't do this on the GP123 because the muffler blocks the screws,you have to go at them at an angle from the front which puts my hand waayyyy too close to the prop.The GP123 pulled like crazy at wot and idled lower than any gasser I have had,throttle response was good also,and I didn't adjust the needles yet!!If this engine proves to be reliable and long lasting it is going to be an awesome engine and will be on par with the top brands out there.
I still have to put servo's in the left wing,tidy up some wiring,build some baffles and install cuffs and wheel pants.Hope to get that done this week and maiden her next weekend. F'n ehrrr:
Hey siko I have the same set up as you on the gas tank. Mine seemed a bit loose between Velcro and tank so I add some 1/2 foam between straps and tank that helped tighting it up.
Just a thought.
Good luck on the maden mine flys awesome
Thanks Ute,foam is there.
Well did you fly it yet?
Nope,didn't finish it,perhaps Monday.
Been trying to figure out the choke setup.I didn't want to add another servo but couldn't figure out a way to get the choke rod to be just inside the cowl opening like I do my singles.I flipped the choke arm over and still couldn't figure out what to do as it seemed my only option was either drill a hole in the cowl and hang the rod out (which I hate doing,I don't even like tuning holes in my cowls) or use a servo. Then I noticed something,the canister tunnel had a tab with a hole for the canister mount that lined up perfect with the choke arm,so I ran the choke rod down the canister tunnel,through the hole,and I will bend a 90 down,cut a slot in the center of the tunnel cover and have a short piece of the rod sticking down to actuate the choke. I like it:thumbsup:
Here is the choke exit with the cover in position.
Tidied up the wires in the tunnel.
Installed the gear cuffs,wheel pants,and gear cover,got the tunnel covers installed,added an aluminum tube through one cover for the vent line.All that's left is to install the servos in the left wing and build the right baffle,then I have to turn the carb around(Kole from Limitless Aero came by and said it was on backwards) then redo the linkages,grrrr....so much for the maiden tomorrow
Separate names with a comma.