Siko assembles the 3DHS 104" Slick

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
On mufflers it had a bit more power. I never got to fly too too much with it as I ended up selling a plane and the guy needed an engine too. I had too many 170 class engines at the time and I wasn't about to sell my 3W so I pulled the GP out of my Edge and put the 3W in. He has yet to finish the plane I sold him. The time I did spend with it left me with a pretty good feeling about it. It ran great. The only thing I didn't know about was it's longevity. The internals are high quality parts and even Ralph was impressed with them. The 88/176 have been out for two seasons now I have haven seen the forums getting swarmed with people complaining unless they are being tight lipped about it.

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Friggin muffler was too close to the cowl and dang near burned a hole in it. Took it off and carried it to a local machine shop and had them mill a little over 1\16" off the flange,hopefully this gives enough clearance.

red7fifty

BadAss Member
From the RC car world, there was a self-stick Nomex heat barrier liner sold (I think discontinued now) that was applied to the inside of car bodies that had close fitting pipes......if you need some....I'll look in my RC Car stash, and see if I still have any left.

:prrr:

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Fantastic for the 2 flights I have flown it, then engine started being a pita to start again.Fergie has found the issue and is now building a V2 motor. All of us who have the V1 GP123 are getting the V2 123 free of charge. That's pretty dang good customer service.

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Yes sir. The V1 had a fuel charge delivery issue causing the left most forward cylinder to run lean.The V2 has a modified cylinder port and reed cage.We have to send the V1 motor back as he does not want any of them out there causing troubles.I live about 10 minutes from Kole of Limitless Aero who is the U.S. dealer\repair center.All I have to do is pull my motor off and drive over and pick up my new V2.Seems he could have asked for them all to be sent in for new cylinders and reed cage,or offered to send the parts to do it yourself.Pretty cool that he is replacing them with new engines,regardless of how much time\fuel is through them.Any other engine manufacturer that had V1 issues ever do that?Makes me pretty confident that any issues I have will be taken care of.Also makes me laugh at all the naysayers in the GP thread when they were first announced.

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Update: Got my V2 GP123 a few weeks ago and have numerous flights on it. Awesome power,idles great and starts easy. Now if the longevity is there it is going to be a great engine!!Everyone I let fly it was very impressed with the power.

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Haven't flown it alot,but so far everything is performing well and every time I fly it I like it more,and several friends who have had stick time on it wants one.I have had the 89" for 4 years and the 104 is even sweeter!!