savox servo arms

Bemeson

I will add some additional comment. They do in fact use futaba splined servo arms, but the best ones to use for the best fit are the split arms like MPI, SWG, Hangar 9. The solid arms, like the futaba sells will not fit very well. The Dubro composite heavy duty composite arms also work very well as well.

Brian

Buttface

You want me to do what...?
I will add some additional comment. They do in fact use futaba splined servo arms, but the best ones to use for the best fit are the split arms like MPI, SWG, Hangar 9. The solid arms, like the futaba sells will not fit very well. The Dubro composite heavy duty composite arms also work very well as well.

Brian

Just thought I would inform ya... The mpi and h9 arms have lots of bad reports. They are great for 30 cc and under but on giant scale like we fly they are bending and causing expensive crashes.do a search on FG .
Post#21 http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64127&page=2
Oh and the dubro arms strip out at the spline ..seen that on a 33% yak.

Can't go wrong with swb locking arms .they are sure to fit tight when ya clamp them on..and I have never heard of one folding up.

WrongWay

Most arms are priced about the same, that's why I use SWB's, they are the best.Period!
+1 Made in the USA Babeee!!

If you need one or a bunch I stock 1.5 and 2 inch in JR, Hitec and Futaba and most rudder arms... Best part is free shipping on an order from my site when it hits $80.

Ya, I know shamless plug.... But I can say that... Right?

Bemeson

Just thought I would inform ya... The mpi and h9 arms have lots of bad reports. They are great for 30 cc and under but on giant scale like we fly they are bending and causing expensive crashes.do a search on FG .
Post#21 Discussion Servo horn question. - Page 2 - FlyingGiants
Oh and the dubro arms strip out at the spline ..seen that on a 33% yak.

Can't go wrong with swb locking arms .they are sure to fit tight when ya clamp them on..and I have never heard of one folding up.
No problem, but this thread was not about the quality of the arm, but what arms would fit Savox servos. Since I am a dealer, I felt I should provide some insight. I agree that some arms are better than others, but I was only answering the OP original questions. If I would have stated SWG were the best, I would have recieved a number of hate mails telling me otherwise. That is why I made it generic for a reason. Every type of arm has a purpose...the dubro's fit a purpose, but I would not think they would have been the best for a 33% plane. It should be noted "This is my opinion" not law.

Just saying

Brian

Buttface

You want me to do what...?
No problem, but this thread was not about the quality of the arm, but what arms would fit Savox servos. Since I am a dealer, I felt I should provide some insight. I agree that some arms are better than others, but I was only answering the OP original questions. If I would have stated SWG were the best, I would have recieved a number of hate mails telling me otherwise. That is why I made it generic for a reason. Every type of arm has a purpose...the dubro's fit a purpose, but I would not think they would have been the best for a 33% plane. It should be noted "This is my opinion" not law.

Just saying

Brian
Bud I didn't mean to make it sound like I was attacking you're recommendation...now I feel just terrible!! :cryin:
However Yakken is my best friend and I would not want to see him steered in a direction that will cost him a plane. We all fly 35-40%ers ...as most of us here do .The MPI, Du-bro plastic,and H9 arms you recommended will have surly cost him a plane and should NEVER be considered as an option.
I never heard of anyone getting hate mail for recommending SWB arms.lol you are to funny!
Loosen up man no one here is going to bash you and send hate mail... you seem like you have been abused...did you come from FG? (tongue in cheek)

BTW what you stated about "The solid arms, like the futaba sells will not fit very well" GREAT info ! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Anyway welcome to TFC ! :cheers:

yakken

my brother pulled the trigger on these savox sc-1256tg servos for his new 40% sbach. i will let you guys know how they hold up. i might need buttface to help us if there are problems with these servos. :lol2::leaving:

AV8TOR

my brother pulled the trigger on these savox sc-1256tg servos for his new 40% sbach. i will let you guys know how they hold up. i might need buttface to help us if there are problems with these servos. :lol2::leaving:
Please do as they are what I am considering for my next 50cc plane.

Bemeson

Please do as they are what I am considering for my next 50cc plane.
You will like them...they are really smooth, center perfectly, and avery durable. I have been using them for the past two years on all my planes. They are very strong and will work unregulated on LIFE batteries. I have hundreds of flights on them and the gear train is held up perfectly. I took out my Hitec servos over a year ago because of the jittering problems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will never go back to digital hitecs.

Brian