Well, I'm happy to report that the reworked 3W is complete! I can't believe all the little things that need to be done for that first flight. I ended up removing and replacing the canopy tabs on the fuse due to misalignment and reamed out screw holes. Too many other issues to list but she's ready for her maiden this weekend. I'll post pictures of the finished plane later. Time to fly! Oh yea, the final weight ended up at 42lbs.
Well, like my dad said, the 3w yak is done and it has flown. I put 2 flights on it yesterday and I am already very impressed with the power of the 3w 170 on cans. I can't wait to get this plane dialed in.
Also, a side note...as this project is now complete, my dad must turn his attention to his 50th b-day gift he received last night. 1/3 scale Clipped Wing Cub!