Revy's 2.6m Comp ARF Edge 540

Classclown

Revy, I might've missed it, what with my tourrettes and all, how much was the extra charge for the custom paint scheme? Don't worry about Slutz, he'll get it one day.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
$200 extra. Graphics package makes it another $75 more. It was better than getting an all white one and have a pro paint it. I thought about a cool airbrushed theme, but it was going to be a lot of coin to get it done.

Classclown

$200 extra. Graphics package makes it another $75 more. It was better than getting an all white one and have a pro paint it. I thought about a cool airbrushed theme, but it was going to be a lot of coin to get it done.
That's not bad at all! I flew a buddies CompArf Extra just like mine, but his has a custom paint job, done by a painter that does custom bikes. Looks terrific, for a rock. The painter gave it a nifty super shiny clear coat, adding over a couple pounds to the airframe, waste of an airframe if you ask me.

Slats!

Ahh ClassA$$ I would love to get into it with you but I am not going to ruin Revy's thread like you are trying to do here. Kinda new around here and I don't want you to start crying again and reporting me to the Mods like you did on FG.:eek:ut:

Hey Slutz, don't worry about what meds you think I'm on, you should worry about what your friends think of you, I'm told that you suck just as much up in the air, as you do, down on the ground. Lol, all these years, and you still don't get it....

Classclown

Ahh ClassA$$ I would love to get into it with you but I am not going to ruin Revy's thread like you are trying to do here. Kinda new around here and I don't want you to start crying again and reporting me to the Mods like you did on FG.:eek:ut:
LMAO! WoW, and you think I should be on meds.... You idiot, for your information, I never cried, in fact, I laughed at you over there, just like I'm laughing at you now. I don't know where you get your info from, but as usual, it's wrong. I never reported you to the mods, I was too busy laughing at your stupid ass. Nice try.

Classclown

Lol, Sorry Revster, just want to add one more thing, now I'm crying,...... crying from laughing so much, now,...... Back to the regular programming.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
Getting a bit nervous, guys. Still haven't got a thing from Ray. Everything was paid for Oct 5. No engine, pipes, spinner, fuel dots or even the stupid t-shirt to date has arrived in my hands. Now he won't return e-mails or pick up his phone, and no, I haven't been pestering him with either for him to ignore me. I'm afraid I'm out $3800. Boy, was I stupid for paying it all up front.:banghead:

I do hope all is well, but...can't shake this gut wrenching feeling that's starting.

wahoo

Senior Supporter
Getting a bit nervous, guys. Still haven't got a thing from Ray. Everything was paid for Oct 5. No engine, pipes, spinner, fuel dots or even the stupid t-shirt to date has arrived in my hands. Now he won't return e-mails or pick up his phone, and no, I haven't been pestering him with either for him to ignore me. I'm afraid I'm out $3800. Boy, was I stupid for paying it all up front.:banghead:

I do hope all is well, but...can't shake this gut wrenching feeling that's starting.

I have no experience with the company or the man you dealt with but what I will say is " I'd be BLOWING UP his phone and FILLING his email box DAILY if it were my 4 large at stake !!!

Sorry to hear this man.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I fired off an e-mail to CARF. Just found out it goes on the boat next week!!

WHAT?!!! It's supposed to be here next week!! WTF!! I am beyond pissed.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
Well I got a call...at 0530 my time! Told him what I felt and it was too early to continue as the rest of the family was asleep. A couple of e-mails later, I'm still not happy with the outcome.

Looks like a late January early February airframe delivery to me. Engine and accessories supposed to be on their way. I don't know anyone who wouldn't give a tracking # for something as important as a DA120 yet alone adding another $500 worth of merchandise.

Like I said, things were said that weren't exactly as stated. As if it was desperation to sell something, like a used car salesman. It might work out in the end, but I wasn't being told the straight jist of things.

I'm still looking forward to it, just have a bit of a sour taste that no amount of mouthwash will cure.

Classclown

Sorry to hear this Revy. Be patient, you will be happy when you get everything. Personally, I was really surprised when you posted that the airframe was loaded into the container. I remember telling myself that it was really quick, custom paint and all.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I relayed what was passed onto me and it turned out very different. It never made it into the molds until the 25th of October. I am very disappointed with the transaction, however, I know the airframe is worth every penny and I will be happy with it in the end.

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
I have seen other threads where things took longer than they were supposed to from CARF. They have always arrived though.

Geno

Learning Something New...
Sorry to hear.....i know the waiting game sucks when money has been put out for something

Revy

K, letsgo!!
The wait is one thing but the yanking around ...uhmph. I understand that they had some major flooding in the last while over there, but that wasn't the reason. I was misled on delivery date. The engine deal is different. I now know what he was trying to do and it was good. Save me a few bucks on shipping by waiting for the Mezjlik order from DA even though I had asked him to ship what he had a couple weeks ago. He knows how to make it right. End of rant. Time to move on, dwelling on it will only increase the feeling of time passing slowly, lol.

On a brighter note...the runway is still green...more stick time! Woo Hooo!

Classclown

Got my engine today. Most of it, I think.

Doesn't DA have their own boxes and do they ship them missing bolts? There are also a few items not included in the shipment.
Nice! Haha, The bubble wrap has always been DA's box. Been scratching my head about that myself all these years. At least a DLE comes in foam, in a box. The missing prop bolt is not usual. What else is missing?

I just looked at the pic again, and see that it is a plastic bag, that is not how they come from DA, should have been in bubblewrap. You ordered it through CARF? Let them know about it.

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
As for the box, my DA's have come in different boxes from DA depending on what I order with it. They try to get the order into one box if they can, depends on what it is.

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
The bag on the outside of the engine looks like a DA job, but I have always had bubble wrap on it too. As far as boxes go, all mine have been brown, and that's about the end of the similarity. Never seen a "DA" box.

The missing M5 bolt is not normal for me either, but people put this stuff together, and we all miss stuff from time to time.

Maybe they just don't like you?

Revy

K, letsgo!!
LOL...I was wondering what I did to deserve this. I know Karma can be vicious.:yikes:

That makes me feel better knowing the packaging is kinda par for the course. M5 bolts are cheap enough, still kind of a pisser though. I get real nervous when this much coin goes out for anything. I did find one of the missing fuel dots. One more fuel dot, the Mejzlik spinner is missing and (I know this is cheesy, but) no sweat shirt as promised.

Do they test run each before they ship? Kinda looks like carbon in the oil when I turn the crank over.

Attachments