Revy's 2.6m Comp ARF Edge 540

Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by Revy, Oct 19, 2011.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Jun 14, 2012 #541

Super08

Super08

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;) Lifetime Supporter

Not good.

2. Jun 14, 2012 #542

Classclown

Classclown

Classclown

That sucks man, I'm sorry dude, lousy intro into composite planes. Since they have chosen to go this route, I guess, hoping that you just forget about it, turn up the fire! Sound off, everyone here will back you, I know I will. They have to step up and help you out, not blow you off. That's BS!!

3. Jun 15, 2012 #543

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

It's not the type of "lip service" you'd expect from a company that does have a good rep. That's why I went with them in the first place, they had a good rep.

Honestly, I don't think it was dumb thumb, I have never, NEVER, put a plane in like that due to the skill level. Foamies don't really count cuz you, well I, can do stupid things..."let's see if it'll go through the hoop!" I have been able to diagnose as to what usually happened when they have gone in. We now warn people using Hitec Optic 6's of possible RFI and I have learned to keep a better eye on my NiMh batteries. ;)

I don't want to sound like the guy who is never satisfied when he can't take the time to RTFM or come off as a whiner. Sure it was my first 100cc class airframe, but still I have kits that fly well and am smart enough to ground them when they need attention.

I feel like I have been fuct around with....like they kinda knew it was messed up in the first place. The rush job theory is now looking like the winning argument. No communication on the comp's part has made me draw conclusions like that. :(

4. Jun 15, 2012 #544

Slats!

Slats!

Slats!

I have seen you fly are you sure:smash::smash: Totally kidding, Revys a good pilot and reality is I think the 100cc is easier to fly than a 50cc.

I am not sure what it is with some of these dirt bag RC companies lately. Over the years I guess you stick with people that respond to emails and deal with issues in a timely manner, it just really sucks when you make a major purchase like this and it all goes bad. There is so much "not my responsibility" with some of them that it makes you wonder.

Reality is if I have an issue with any other consumer product I can take it back to the store or dealer, RC its good luck too much of the must be your fault attitude. I am not saying they are all like this but it seems to be a 50/50 playing ground lately and then they wonder why they go out of business. I honestly think some of them just don't get the simple rules of business and generally are not that bright, an easy one being no contact is bad contact.

Too bad man I hope these jokers come around but reality is my thoughts of my next plane being a comp arf is going out the window after seeing this.

5. Jun 15, 2012 #545

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Dude, I would call them back and get answers. I'm not the type to raise a fuss, but they at least owe you something- a response at a bare minimum. I'm willing to bet it's like Hitec and their jitter problems- if you refuse to acknowledge a problem, maybe it will go away.

Tell them it's the last Compy you will ever buy. Tell them there are lots of cheap (knock off) composite alternatives you COULD have gone with, but didn't. Tell them you signed up because you thought Composite ARF was a stand up company. Tell them you have a thread on a popular website with over 13,000 views!

I had some issues with Hyperion years ago- bought a NIB SUKHOI from the LHS, but the canopy fell off in flight and shattered, so I went and ordered a new one for $30.00 Well it showed up but was assembled completely wrong and would not fit. It took me MONTHS of direct contact and LOTS of very loud complaining to get them to send me one that fit. After explaining to them that I basically spent a mortgage payment on this little POS in a down economy when we were struggling to put food on the table, and I cannot even fly it because of their poor QC they finally agreed to replace the canopy hatch, and threw in a brushless motor I never received...

Moral of the story- the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Sometimes you have to be a bit of a dick- but you have to get through to them. Put the screws to 'em- why not? It's not like these guys are your children's god parents or anything.

It's in your hands- but that wonky tail says a LOT... I've seen a few obliterated airplanes- and the TAIL is usually intact...

6. Jun 15, 2012 #546

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Anything Compy has always been slow in response and action. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. A couple of months without hearing anything from them is fairly staandard. If placing an order they are real quick to close the sale but not very energetic about getting the product out the door. The sales reps/distributors are the ones that get the job done the fastest, but only if they have a particular product on hand.

7. Jun 24, 2012 #547

choopi

choopi

choopi

Wow! If I was in the market to get an other giant, I would not go with those guy! If I compare with my experience, I would definitely go with Pilot RC again! You send an email to Tony and within 12hrs, you got an answer! To bad for you as we are talking about lots of dough :(

Revy likes this.
  8. Jun 25, 2012 #548

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

I deal with Andy Kane. I bought some wheel pants and stab tubes. Everything shipped from Ray. But Andy is super sharp, and went the extra mile. I made the order, and 3 days later I had my parts!!