Pilot 37% Edge (second Edge assembly thread)

Classclown

Hey, was that the computer geek that tried to make a breakthrough over here a year ago? Pat, I think I sent you a pm about him at that point, didn't I?

apalsson

So if you fly hitec are you a misfit? :leaving:
Big time!! :ack:

The geek .. PC fixer .... don't do that photo injustice. That bloke looks half-reasonable!
PC repairs are a dying trade .. so are the people doing it .. a dying breed - so be kind on Jim, he doesn't have that many places to go by now ... but boy, is he frustrating! Makes you feel like :smash:

Jedijody

Proud father of Soldiers
Big time!! :ack:

The geek .. PC fixer .... don't do that photo injustice. That bloke looks half-reasonable!
PC repairs are a dying trade .. so are the people doing it .. a dying breed - so be kind on Jim, he doesn't have that many places to go by now ... but boy, is he frustrating! Makes you feel like :smash:
I could tell you stories about his beginnings into "expertness". He should stick to puters.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Spending a few minutes with some of the small stuff tonight, mounting the tank, drilling holes for needle tuning, and mounting theh fuel dot, I found something pretty neat.

Just aft of the forward switch cut outs behind the covering there are two round holes laser cut in the frame. The fuel dot is a perfect fit for those holes so all you have to do is cut away the covering.

Regarding the laser cut switch cut outs, for the first time ever I've been able to install the HD type switches like JR markets without having to trim the switch openings. You have four switch cut outs on the plane, two forward and two aft on both sides of the fuselage. Kudos to Pilot for making openings that actually accept commonly sized components!

Once again this project will be on hold for some business out of town. I wish it were otherwise but I have to pay the bills. Couple weeks or four by all estimates. Always seems to be two steps forward then one back lately. Then again, Gerhard is going on vacation so our time away should balance out the wait for pipes and prop.

wahoo

Senior Supporter
That's worse...who knows what he'll do after viewing that !!

I know it sure don't make me wanna go glue sticks together!
hahahaha

Tired Old Man

Staff member
I'll freely admit I'm a lay down for that kind of stuff!

That reminds me, whatever happened to the PG-13 thread? All the participants have their 98th birthday or something?

Last edited:

Tired Old Man

Staff member
You saying that thread dunlapped itself out of existance? It had suddenly started having a lot of dunlap stuff being posted in it. Too many parts on those females lapped over too many other parts, too many times.... The "stack" tolerances were reaching epic proportions.

It was indeed Slopoke. Ya know, I just figured out how he got his handle. He likes them pretty large it seems and finding the right spot might make him appear a little slow in getting "to it".