Panties!!!

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
OK... I need to get my Votec Painted.. just the Cowl and Fuselage... I want a TFC Scheme... I need colors that match Monocote. I have access to a compressor and Air gun... but.. my question is... Does anyone make Paint in a can that isn't Junk??? That already matches Monocote???
Or..who does good jobs painting without charging too much???

bdavison

I dont know of any paint that matches monokote out of a spray can.
PPG Concept from Radio South is the only good paint I know of that WILL match monokote.

Barry Built

Lifetime Supporter
Mith, Last chance to get one of my custome paint jobs. Like I do on my foamies!! Cost is reasonable, About $21.00 for a 40% plane.. Only takes 10 minutes..

King

Circle Hucker
Mith...Go to an auto paint store and get some real PPG....They can match the color and put it in spray cans...The sprat tips on their cans they use are so far above on quality of spray from what you buy in the store that you can not even put them in the same category. The Paint from PPG is good stuff. A can will be some cashola...The ones I had made for me (Suspension painting on my 4X4 to match truck) were $20.00 to $25.00 each but it matches.

Altavillan

Auto body repair shops now have paint mixing machines that can match any color and any amount. Expensive paint though, over $100 per gal. But it's really the only way to get nice and shiney with a minimun of coats.

CircusPrincess

Circus Staff
The Painter has painted some spinners for Planebender. He got the paint matched at Dunn Edwards. Planebender if you're out there, tell them how happy or unhappy you were with Painter's job?

bdavison

I have personally seen Radio South's PPG paints, and Tony Stillman is a good friend of mine.
The paint is matched to monokote by a very select process, and its spot on accurate. The price really isnt that bad considering its Concept paint made by PPG for Radio South, and its all done locally, so the quality assurance is checked on each batch.

If you want it to match...its really the only way to go.

The PPG guys that mix the Radio South paint have been doing it for a long time, and they know the EXACT formulas for monokote colors. Sure any PPG place can mix up a batch, but they are going by whatever the computer tells them....not by what experience has proven.

Jeffery Szueber JR.

FreestyleNdude
Mike if you are looking for some one to paint for you a guy by the name of Larry Roberts dose all my painting and dose a lot of painting for people down here in southern California. I know he uses PPG automotive paint and has no problem at all matching paint to monokote.

HD Hucker

Mith, I have an auto painter in Hesperia that shot my 57' for me. He is good and reasonable. He owns a body shop on main. He can match the monocote. PM Me for his info.

HD Hucker

I don't know about that, I saw the match job on the Yak.:eek:
That was my fault..... Not his! The best way to do it is take Monokote, Iron it onto a piece of wood for a sample and He can scan it. It'll match that way! He also paints with dupont.