P-47 Training Film

Discussion in 'Giant RC Plane Forum' started by 3DKid, Feb 7, 2011.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Feb 7, 2011 #1

3DKid

3DKid

3DKid

2. Feb 7, 2011 #2

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Here's one for the Corsair. Two parts.

Gee, and here I thought I could just smack that big 3 blader, gun it and go into a dirty roll on take off. All that other jazz to mess with............lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5J0BYq3yevs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Feb 7, 2011 #3

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Feb 7, 2011 #4

WangoTango

WangoTango

WangoTango

"The King's Jester!"

Ah! What a great monday morning! We've all been checked out in an F4U so I think we ought to go pop a few bandits. :biggrin::biggrin:
    WT

5. Feb 7, 2011 #5

Steve Graham

Steve Graham

Steve Graham

I had to look up Pinecastle. Looks like it was the aaf training command HQ located at what became MCO. McCoy field in Orlando. Must have been hot as hell in the summer especially with that leather helmet.

I've flown in there many times and those Florida clouds are unmistakeable. Usually a broken layer a few thousand feet thick with occasional spires that reach up into the teens. We often get a clearance for minor left\right deviations to avoid buildups but secretly its mostly just to have a little fun weaving around the obstacles. It had to a blast to have an airplane like the Jug to just play yank and bank with around all those cumulus clouds. Makes me wonder how many near misses/hits they had when two guys came screaming around the same corner?

I hadn't heard the term "milk" as in the flaps in a long time! I used to hear my dad use it occasionally. Wonder where the term came from. Had to have something to do with the way you squeezed the udders but I never had that experience. My understanding is that it was a caution to take it easy in relation to whatever you applied it to.

My dad flew with a multiple P-47 ace who was a classic Wild Bill Kelso character. Basically drank himself to death but enjoyed the heck out of himself in the process! I work with his daughter and she has all the documentation on his airplane so someday I hope to do a scale version.

You can almost see that Lieutenant poppin' a semi chub after he takes off his helmet and posses while looking around for admiring fans. Too funny.

6. Dec 26, 2013 #6

JeffinTD

JeffinTD

JeffinTD

There have been a lot of great WW2 training films put on the net. Everything from B17 ground procedures to tank operations, fixed gunnery, and anything else yiu can think of.