Open Season w/Wahoo and Classclown

Discussion in 'Circus Clubhouse' started by Tired Old Man, Nov 2, 2013.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 2, 2013 #1

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Wahoo and Classclown

Your personal hatred for each other is known by all and appears to have no bounds. Understand your issues are not problems for everyone else at TFC. We do not appreciate how your mutual personal animosity derails a thread and removes the enjoyment we would otherwise obtain from reading about events and activities.

In the last week you two have trashed at least two threads that didn't deserve your mutual hatred. No thread deserves what you guys do to them. It would be one thing if either one of you could make a single post without inferring some slight against the other, but you can't, or won't. I've warned you both repeatedly about this and told you both to grow up. I've had to give advice to a pair of adults on how to conduct themselves that is usually limited to children under the age of 6. I'm tired of moderating/editing your posts and activities. I'm sick of the PM's about how the other guy started it or how one or the other feels offended. No better than a couple of three year olds.

Here's the deal. There won't be any more chances to back off and play nice. If I see one more heated exchange between you two both will be out of here for 6 months. I want this message public so everyone will know where you have gone when the inevitable happens. It will happen because I don't think either one of you has any self control, nor do you appear to want to have any. I view both of you as friends but like any other friend, if they become combative , create a lot of angst and hard feelings, or just generally always cause trouble I move away from them. Both of you past the point this should have been done months ago. Since neither can put the other on "ignore" it would seem you like and seek out the conflict you force others to become a part of.

So it stops now, one way or another. I hope I've made myself clear this time. What happens next is entirely up to you. Both of you. A PM from anyone advising me a new inflammatory post between you in any thread after today and it's a done deal for you both.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    Rod Bender and RcOverkill like this.
  2. Nov 2, 2013 #2

wahoo

wahoo

wahoo

Senior Supporter

Wait a second here !!.... You serious ???

Dipchit posts one derogatory thing about me and "WE" both get canned ??? How fair is that ??

3. Nov 2, 2013 #3

N726AC

N726AC

N726AC

100LL User

4. Nov 2, 2013 #4

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

You just couldn't zip it, could you John?

Maybe see you in 6 months. I really was serious, but I did reserve some room for who would get what and when. i really wanted to see if either one of you could demonstrate some level of self control. One of you could not, and not entirely sure about the other yet. You were given a last chance and you pi$$ed it away.

If I read one word of negativity from the remaining antagonist about the other, even if what I read might be inferred as a distant negative, the last goes for a 6 month break too. I'm fed up with both of you and have no tolerance left. Oh, nothing about life is fair.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    N726AC and WrongWay like this.
  5. Nov 2, 2013 #5

thepamster

thepamster

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes Lifetime Supporter

You all know how much I like TOM, I know you all do, but I must disagree with what is going on here.
    I have been annoyed also by those two guys most recently within the Huck-O-Ween thread and somewhat embarrased for TFC by a few comments while some 2000+ guests of TFC observed.
    However, I think starting a thread and essentially calling these two guys out in a public forum to see if they can contain themselves is simply wrong. This is something that I feel should be done privately, even though they couldn't do the same and leave the rest of us out of it.
    I have no personal problem with either of those guys and except them for who they are as I hope they would of me.
    IN my opinion there is a place for a member's discipline and this is not it.

6. Nov 3, 2013 #6

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Sorry Pamster,well, really I'm not, not even a little bit, but they had no problem publicly trashing the H.O.W. thread or carrying it on into the political thread. I really don't have to explain myself but I've been trying to get these two to clean up their acts for a long time. The trash they toss out fouls the water for everyone else here. I've tried privately through PM's, I've tried nicely in public. I've had to cut numerous posts they polluted the air with. The pair are like a couple of new puppies, treat them nice for awhile but if they keep pissing on the carpet the impetus not to do that gets a little stronger. If the puppies fail to learn you throw them out in the yard and let them live in the cold hard world.

As for calling them out publicly, in doing so there's no debate about what did or didn't happen. Nobody can say fair warning wasn't given. Nobody can say I acted in haste or without cause. This has happened before. In any case there's not one thread they have participated in they haven't gone to war with each other, ruining whatever pace and pleasure everyone else was getting out of the thread. The would crap on a birthday cake just because they could if permitted. We would like to increase the membership here, not reserve it for a select few to carry on a private feud. Let them learn they need to bring something to the table that's not all hate and discontent. Let everyone else learn it's not always all fun and games at the same time. Their is always a price to be paid for garbage behavior. It's just a matter of when it's paid.

As I said before, the world is not a fair place. If it was fair I would not have to constantly be alert for two, and only two, people in this entire forum and head off battles wherever they go. There are others that can be as antagonistic but they generally have the sense to know when to stop. These two verbally assault each other because they like it. If it was fair I would not have people chiming in with exclamations of not being fair. I get that same crap in PM's all the time too. I'm sure someone is going to be angry, someone is going to have their feelings hurt, and that someone won't like what I feel I had to do, and the manner in which it was done. Bluntly, too bad, someone had to do something, and I did it.

The term of suspension is always subject to change, and I have yet to keep someone out for as long as I said it was going to last. I like everyone in this forum and it pains me more than you know to have to do this kind of thing. It really does. This probably will run the same way, but dammit, it's time these two grow up. At least in this forum. If they can't, won't, or don't they can go away. I despise using terms like "for the greater good" but that's what this has come to. They are supposed to be adults, understand how to act like adults, and carry on accordingly. They have no right to persistently disturb everyone in this forum simply because they like to argue in public. I like them both, have met and spent a little time with one, but what they have been doing cannot and will be permitted to continue. The warnings were over in the first post of this thread. Interesting the one usually the most vocal in anything has yet to say a word. Perhaps there is hope after all.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    WrongWay and RcOverkill like this.
  7. Nov 3, 2013 #7

red7fifty

red7fifty

red7fifty

BadAss Member

Hum......I see your point TOM, but I have to agree with Pam on this one.
    Personally, I haven't had any issues with either Clown or Wahoo, and think they are both good dudes.
    And the Moderator job isn't always rosy.

In times of trouble, shouldn't we all just take a step back, and sit at the workbench, and make some progress on a model airplane instead?
    :prrr:

8. Nov 3, 2013 #8

Rod Bender

Rod Bender

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus Lifetime Supporter

The thankless job of websites. . :banghead:

Your right. Had that been the case, the post' might not ever made it to the forums. Trust me, no one "likes" having to take such measures . . :2cents:

WrongWay likes this.
  9. Nov 3, 2013 #9

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

And not to mention, potential advertisers don't want to see a public thrashing between 2 members go without repercussion.

Look around here............ Look and see who is advertising here......... Not too many vendors......... We all will be lucky if this site is here a year from now, with the minimal advertising that goes on here.

sukhoikid likes this.
  10. Nov 3, 2013 #10

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

I have another solution- have them put each other on their ignore list.

I appreciate TOM's frustration. I've had my own patience tried to the breaking point by a couple members here and elsewhere. At some point somethings got to give. Lucky me Austin took care of one of them, probably never to be seen or heard from again, and one of the others removed himself from the equation when he was asked if he could post something positive, or constructive on this site. The other I just try to ignore.

Wahoo and Clown have a hard-on for each other, no doubt. Who started what, and why neither of them can let it go is none of my concern. All we want is some civility, and to drop the war of words. Maybe they need some "face" time to work everything out, followed by some nice local shine to smooth things over. Hell, maybe give them their own thread to hate each other openly in, and make the other threads out-of-bounds.

I would like to see the BS drop. Like TOM I've lost my patience for it. My lifetime quota for snarky back-handedness, ego trips, personal attacks, and battles of petty "I'm right and you're wrong" crap has been filled. Like I told the police when they came to me during the last big personal blowout on the site- Sometimes it's worth a criminal record and a night in jail to stand up for yourself and say enough is enough!

I think the Clown and Wahoo have a right to work out their differences, but not at the expense the the body whole. Take it outside fella's. Work it out like men, then move on. Otherwise...

11. Nov 3, 2013 #11

thepamster

thepamster

thepamster

I am certainly not defendng these two guys, far from it. I don't see what can be gained from a thread such as this.
    What is it you expect these guys to do or say here on this thread. Do you really expect them to come on here with some kind of public apology?
    Airing out dirty laundry is best done in the locker room and not in the middle of the street for all to see including advertisers.
    Should they have a scarlet letter beside their name within all of their posts for all of us to see so we can shame them?
    Banning them for a set period of time will accomplish the desired result with out the publicized humiliation.
    I stand by my disagreement with this thread and hope this works out somehow in a positive manner.

12. Nov 3, 2013 #12

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Cody, oh how well I agree with you on several points. But I know from talking with Steve, there will not be a big hug between those 2 any time soon. I do know round about what went on between the 2 for all of this uncivility. The both of them just need to agree to disagree, and leave at that. What John did to Steve is his business, and vise versa. Noone needs to know. Even with me knowing, that is more than enough people who know.

13. Nov 3, 2013 #13

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

I tried that with both of them Brutus, but they seem to enjoy instigating each other too much and would not do it.

Bunky brought up a good point because I have been trying to cultivate some advertisers here. I had one real good one that disappeared within a day of one member getting all negative and trashing their product and other members trashing each other in the same thread. It should not be asking too much to act just a little civilized. It's so easy cave men have done it.

As for what has gone down, being the softy I am I've already moderated my moderation, but not so much that the message is diluted to the point of having no consequence. It's a job that is not liked, and if someone else wants to do it instead, or can and will do it better, I'll pass the torch.

14. Nov 3, 2013 #14

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Not it!

15. Nov 3, 2013 #15

thepamster

thepamster

thepamster

Yep being a Mod certainly is a thankless job and I am sure that I couldn't do it any better or nearly as well as our current mods.
    It is clear to me that you guys, the Mods, have been very frustrated in dealing with certain members and as a result have created threads to voice those frustrations. Even though that is understandable I still feel it is a wrong way to achieve a desired result.
    I believe penalizing people with points and bans for simply voicing opinions that differ from others like some other site is not good either. Afterall that is what seperates us from them and I like that.
    If PM pleas do not work, ban them. That may be easy for me to say from my NonMod couch but that is my sugestion nonetheless.

16. Nov 3, 2013 #16

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Pamster,

I understand, really, I do. But two factors are at play here. One is that nothing else has worked. The second is to make an example others will learn from. We have let things get pretty far out of hand in some things. Yes, a lot of it has been a lot of fun but there have been a lot of times everything has gone far past fun and a little edgy into mean and down right nasty. Some of the really rotten stuff, and each knows what that is if they are even partially reasonable people, needs to clean itself up. Threads like this are the message to all to work on things a little bit. Threads like this let everyone know there is a price that might be paid for failure. For someone simply not to post for awhile sends no message at all.

I don't think there's even a slim chance ( I hope not) this site will become another hugsy, kissey, koombaya site. That's not who we are or how we play. That's also not 3D in any way shape or form. We, or at least most of us in here, are get down in the dirt, fly hard, and put it away wet, everything's at risk modelers, and to act like a bunch of corporate board IMAC types or Sunday sport flyers is just not the way it is. We can compete in elbow bending and mild sexism with anybody, but we don't need to try and kill each other at every opportunity in the process. yes, things like mild sexism are fun and generally harmless while reminding us there is more than a single unisex gender in the world. Even recognizing there is more than a single race or nationality is not a bad thing as long as there's no viciousness accompanying such discussion or description. Alternative sexuality is not really an issue as long as nobody forces what they are on someone else. Reasonable people being reasonable in reasonable things. Reasonable can get a bit stretched out, but that's normal among friends.

So view it as a learning tool. I didn't like doing it either but the other ways have failed 100% of the time. To continue to try to make something work in the same way that is has failed every time before doesn't speak well for the individual trying get that something done.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  17. Nov 3, 2013 #17

Rod Bender

Rod Bender

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus Lifetime Supporter

Uh . . . nope. But I'll always have your back TOM, BRUTUS, Mithy, and TMan. (Hope I didn't leave anyone out.)

Pamster, I hear where your coming from, and agree this 'could' have been handled differently. But under the circumstances, and the hours upon hours TOM spent online with emails, PM's it begins to wear on you as a mod.

Look at TFC, look at the freedom, the latitude we give members that would normally get them banned from other sites. We all are given a LOT of flexability here compared to other sites. Sponsors fully aware that's how this site rolls.

Every now and then issue's such as this arise . . why ? We have the most lax website for RC folks, sometimes things get pushed even beyond our acceptance level.

We have a great thing here, I just hate to see that taken granted for

18. Nov 3, 2013 #18

thepamster

thepamster

thepamster

Yes, based on the freedoms we have here and how unique this site is compared to others I will just blame this situation on the two in question even though I disagree with how this had to be handled.
    I accept the arguement, or discussion, here for the simple fact that I really wouldn't want this site to be like all the others where you have to constantly watch what you say or else.

19. Nov 3, 2013 #19

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

I typed up a long post but decided not to post it all. So in short, I will say that those who can't get over whatever happened "off site" need to eat a bucket of cement and harden up. I am sure that this thread was a long time in the making and that the decision to do it wasn't taken lightly.

Did I mention that I really enjoy this site and all it stands for - so keep up the good work Mods (All of you) :thumbsup:

20. Nov 3, 2013 #20

psycho-patch

psycho-patch

psycho-patch

Well, well..........so adopting a policy of becoming better at being politically correct is the best policy after all isn't it. If the interest of this thread is about containing members from getting too riff raffy for the long term interest of this site then, being the least offensive to the greatest diverse amount of members is in the best interest of the paying advertisers and this site. Anyone out of line of this policy too many times or just way too far out of line just needs to go away. Sound familiar....Sound like the rest of the sites? Doesn't matter what they site is about? Not just RC airplanes? Jeez.....hmmmmm.....I wonder if that is why FG and RCU have adopted by decree of their respective owners the policies they have. No exceptions for being out of their chosen bounds they have set. Seems to me business's like it for the obvious reason's of what I have just stated. Funny how eventually everybody that owns a business, runs a business or wants to GROW a business comes to the same conclusion no matter what was said in the beginning. Amazing how that works isn't it. And as far as that one arse that ruined your cultivation of the one tenuous prospect..........well, guess you should read the above. Too honest, too straight forward?
    If that is the real goal for the common good of the social overall then do what is in the best interest of this sites survival.....sh!t can those 2 and give that arsehole that ruined your thread a warning to never have an opinion on things again or that person is outta here too. The common social health and capitalistic needs are in balance and could be at risk. Yeah, I know who your talking about. That's what will send a commitment message to sponsors that their ability to sell their wares to the greatest numbers through this sales site for hire is what it is all about. Sponsors will love it, owners will love it, the patron's will come if they feel like they are safe and love it.....which equals dollars to be spent with sponsors that direct the marketing and the site makes its living. Not that big of a deal.....its just business.........right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.