NT BIG MIG-15 Build

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
SCHWIIIING!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vh78T--ZUxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

david010567

aka Schlawiener
BIG thanks to Pandi... He saw me eyeballing one of those 90mm T-45 goshawk kits a couple of months ago at the field. So... he went to his van and pulled out a brand new kit, new 12 blade fan unit and speed controller and said "Here's U'r bonus" I was floored!!

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Sweet! That's awesome! That's the kind of bonus I'm talking about! What scheme is your Goshawk in?

How'd it fly?

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Sweet! That's awesome! That's the kind of bonus I'm talking about! What scheme is your Goshawk in?

How'd it fly?
Yea... My builder's fee was paid in full before I even unpacked it out of the box + the surprise bonus at the end. Pretty sweet.

Pandi was suffering from flu like symptoms and socal heat. He just didn't have it in him to wrench on the fan and other jet junk needed to get it in the air. I will post the maiden video when it happens.

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Dumb question... What's the difference between a T-45 and a Bae Hawk other than the T-45 has 2 wheels on the nose gear?

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
two wheels on the nose gear is prolly a carrier capable undercarriage....

a free (well.. bonus) jet and power system.....

a gift or a curse!!!

lol

nice job....

maybe order your 18MZ with Barry and save some shipping!!??!! he he he he

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Sabotage!!!! Treason to the great Patriotic war effort!!

1. Installed the fan with no major complications. Rail mounts needed some Dremel attention to fit the TJ120. Mylar thrust tube installed (needs trimmed) but of decent quality.

2. Birds Nest of cable of electronics install...will clean up when I figure out CG and exact RX location later. If using a 9 CH RX, you will need to run a matchbox or smartfly type channel expander. Your going to be one AUX Channel short if you split all control surfaces to a separate channel like I do.

3. Gear will not cycle. Retract Valve and Fill Valve are complete Junk!!!!! I will have to rip out the stock junk and replace with Uncle Bobs Valve and the Robart Fill Valve. Save yourself some time....and just throw the stock stuff away and dont even bother installing.

Attachments

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Ok...this is a complicated mess up front. I suspect it wont last long and will need replaced after a few flights. Issue....pull pull cables get entangled in gear when cycled.

Attachments

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Solution:

1. Take your trusty Zip Tie.
2. Using heat shrink tubing attach it to the cables as shown.
3. The flex in the zip tie will pull the cable apart to keep them out of the way of the gear when cycled.

Attachments