new......old project

JohnBer

Started this about 8 years ago......built the fuse and put a shiny new g62 in it..... stared at the foam wing cores forever .....got em done and cut the ailerons. anyhow.....anyone know what it is.... i will put up the worst shots.

Attachments

Classclown

It's an Extra 300 alright, but what kit is it?

Bunko! You peez o sheet, don't you check your phone??? Give me a call you sloppy puzzy.

JohnBer

pretty good..... my old doc is confused and i dont care,,,,,got a new one he is more optimistic. (read he says i aint croakin) new doc said work is great.
back to work, drinkin beer and flyin a little. what happens happens. I feel great.

JohnBer

I am thinkin this 62 will be kinda weak on this plane.... gonna find a 80 methinks. or at least a modern 60

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Think Brison for a single. If you can find an old but well cared for 3w twin you'll end up pretty happy. Ya gotta figure that Makita-Sachs-Dolmar well understood their big singles were going to be held with one hand tight on the trigger so they had a pretty good "feel" for vibration issues;)

Last edited:

Classclown

Hey! I've got an excellent running 3W 75iUS and a brand new Supersonic Pitts muffler I'm selling. I had it on a 30% Carden Cap, the engine that Dennis spec'd out for those planes. Got a DA85 for the Cap, this engines just been sitting in a box, let me know if you're interested.

JohnBer

the twin is a wonderful idea.....i want it to be smooth and quiet, gonna cover it in a classy scheme. few if any decals, simple, not a hot rod style at all. still want it to have some grrr tho.

Classclown

Yep, side carb. Believe it or not, it is a pretty smooth engine. Only thing, it still has the older ignition box, the one that went bad for everyone else. I got a dud, it works fine, never had a problem.

Cris

Wish i kept my old projects to finish . I have a twin 72 that weighs around the same as a g62 mag but makes as much or more power as my gt80 did. Smoothest engine ive run and perfect transtition.