New Builds Or Assemblies

yakpilot

I just aquired a 3W Extra 330s 40% with a 3W 150 on 3W cans. She is in very good condition overall, but I have it all disassembled to re-do some things my way and lighten it up a little. If anyone has any experience with one of these, I would appreciate any input. Oh yeah, It's a level three PW scheme.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
I just aquired a 3W Extra 330s 40% with a 3W 150 on 3W cans. She is in very good condition overall, but I have it all disassembled to re-do some things my way and lighten it up a little. If anyone has any experience with one of these, I would appreciate any input. Oh yeah, It's a level three PW scheme.
What would you like to know?? I flown the 40% 3W 330S, as well as owned a 32%'r. I know them quite well.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
I've got the rebuild of the "cover model" well under way. After that, my Dalton 300 gets a facelift!!! Then possibly rebuilding a 30cc MX2 motor box. Anyone know of anyone with motor box rebuilding???? :) :) :) :)

GmanBIll

Re do the paint on my ZN Line, do a custom covering job on the ARC Slick 540 I have sitting here and maybe build another plane I have on the way, but there is one catch. We don't have a winter and building season here, it is sunny and we fly year round in SOCAL. Normal winter wear, Shorts, Hoodie and T shirt along with our flip flops.

Full Throttle

Are you talkin to me
I am gonna do a 89" repair, landing gear and some motor box damage,

I have my old Sig Kadet Senior that I stripped the covering off years ago. I want to go through it, repair some things, find a small gasser and make it a fun little trainer again.

I am also awaiting for 3DHS to put out a 100cc Slick.

Toy Pilot

Half Ass Member
I plan on Scratch building a 48%'ish Edge 540 here shortly. Bob is the brain behind it and I will build it with his guidance.....I will be ordering the first round of wood in the a.m. I might do a build thread, but no promises. I will shape a new cowl from foam as well, and this will be my first scratch build. Been under Bobs wing for years now learning alot, so we'll see.

140" ws/ 131" length +/-
40lb range +/-
DA 170/greves
2 servos per wing
1 per elev and 2 push/pull on rudder, same equip. thats in my Yak
That will be a ausome plane!:thumbs:

MikeC3D

When Good Fruit Goes Bad
That will be a ausome plane!:thumbs:
I think so...I've wanted a big Edge forever and nothing else out there suited my needs so I patiently bugged Bob to help me out with this one. It will be slow though, I do not have all the extra time to build that he does.

MODE-1

Nice Sweater
I'm sorry what were the builds from last year?
85" Ultimate for 3W 70, 40% done so far
Couple of months back finished a mid wing 30% CAP 232

Still building a scratched out 52% SU 26 about 60% done so far on that

Started on building some smaller parts of Don Becks Lake Tahoe Sorceress, vintage biplane racer at 80" span. Pending due to lack of motivation

Been drawing out a 30% Cessna 185 Skywagon plan was going to be 40% but then discovered couldnt get it out the house as the cabin was over 4 foot high and wider than the door.
In between all that I've been designing a 55% Monocoupe 110 for a friend.

Betcha sorry you asked now LOL

Flatspinjim

I plan on Scratch building a 48%'ish Edge 540 here shortly. Bob is the brain behind it and I will build it with his guidance.....I will be ordering the first round of wood in the a.m. I might do a build thread, but no promises. I will shape a new cowl from foam as well, and this will be my first scratch build. Been under Bobs wing for years now learning alot, so we'll see.

140" ws/ 131" length +/-
40lb range +/-
DA 170/greves
2 servos per wing
1 per elev and 2 push/pull on rudder, same equip. thats in my Yak
Ok, we NEED a build thread on this one!!

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
In between all that I've been designing a 55% Monocoupe 110 for a friend.
I would LOVE to see that. 30% would be plenty for me. Love those round cowls.

As far as my winter project goes, I'm working on a GeeBee R4 from plans a friend drew up. Hopefully this project will move right along. Have plans in hand and scroll saw in corner. Need Wood!! Oh, and some money would be nice - to purchase said wood.

Tex

I will watch A.J. Lee build me a Aerotech Slick 540 with a DA 120.......maybe pipes or just mufflers.

MikeC3D

When Good Fruit Goes Bad
I will watch A.J. Lee build me a Aerotech Slick 540 with a DA 120.......maybe pipes or just mufflers.
Now THAT is gonna be a sweet flying airplane. Been awhile Bobbo...how'ya been doin? Once you fly that baby, your gonna throw rocks at the rest of your fleet....lol

Tex

LOL.......that will be my fleet....I had to sell every thing to stay a float.....thought I was going to loose the house. I wll be starting fresh.......radio and the whole 9 yards.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
LOL.......that will be my fleet....I had to sell every thing to stay a float.....thought I was going to loose the house. I wll be starting fresh.......radio and the whole 9 yards.
Suck. Glad you're getting back into it.