NEU for 50cc Conversion

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Looks like the one they recommend for the Composite ARF Extra 2x2 would be right.. See the App Chart HERE. You will need 3000 watts to make a 16lb 50cc work 3D well...

The website sucks. There are no motor specs that give wattage or amperage ratings. Not enough info to design with.

sandman

So, which NEU set up would be best for a 50cc E-Power conversion?

I'd go with 1521/1.5Y with 6.7:1 gearbox. 12S1P 5000mA LiPos, Castle Creations HV-110 ESC, spinning Mejzlik 22x12 WE prop. This gives peak power of 3600 Watts at 87 Amps, static thrust of around 500 oz. For a little more punch, use a 23-12 prop for 4100 Watts at 100 Amps and 590 oz of static thrust. Either setup would work well.

Neu Motors delivery is running 12-16 weeks so order early...

Fig Jam

4kW Baby!
Yep the 1521/1.5Y with 6.7:1 HD gearbox is the way to go. I'm flying a CARF YAK55sp 2.1m on this Motor running a 12s 5000mAh pack and it is truly amazing. I'm using a Xoar 24x12 Prop on my setup for 3600 Watts, plane is 17.5 lbs.

Mike

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I would investigate one of the HACKER Outrunners.... Gear boxes have been a vulnerability for this size plane and as you get bigger.. the outrunners efficiency nears a geared inrunner.

Just as a data point.. my Hacker A60-18m 3D'd my 14 pound Tunnel Vision no prob....
http://media.putfile.com/Listen-to-that-HACKER-A60

9 minutes plus reserve on a 5200 mah 10S

lazyboyflyer

IN & OUT BURGERS RULE
The Neumotors P42 gearbox is bullet proof, it's the best gearbox made! IMHO. Most 50cc planes will weigh about 16.5 to 20 pounds fully loaded, My PAU Yak (TURD) weighs 19 plus and until I got the Neumotor 1521 1.5Y motor with the P42 6.7 to 1 gear box, I just had to settle for poor performance......

Aquaman

I would investigate one of the HACKER Outrunners.... Gear boxes have been a vulnerability for this size plane and as you get bigger.. the outrunners efficiency nears a geared inrunner.

Just as a data point.. my Hacker A60-18m 3D'd my 14 pound Tunnel Vision no prob....
http://media.putfile.com/Listen-to-that-HACKER-A60

9 minutes plus reserve on a 5200 mah 10S
I just found a Tunnel Vision Profile that I'm thinking about converting to electric.
I bought it and stripped the ChinaCote. The fuse shown weighs 1lb,12oz

Did you run your batteries in the front "tank" section or in the wing wells?

It looks like it will be a good flying model.

Attachments

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I just found a Tunnel Vision Profile that I'm thinking about converting to electric.
I bought it and stripped the ChinaCote. The fuse shown weighs 1lb,12oz

Did you run your batteries in the front "tank" section or in the wing wells?

It looks like it will be a good flying model.
with the Hacker A60, I was able to trim out the wing root ribs and put both packs in the leading edge portion that is attached to the fuse.. (Inboard Sections)

with a C50, you will need to put a pack in "The Chin" under the motor.....

ProBro Matt-chew

my hacker a60-18l is close in numbers to the neu but you can get longer flight times with a neu setup, the neu is overall more efficient, and lighter......a60-18l,castle 110hv,12s 5000 20c, xoar 25x12, 80amps, 3900watts.....8min flights comes in at 20% left in packs.......18.5lb aj slick