need some parts

yakken

Anybody have a set of 35% prc yak gear and a 27x10 mejzlick prop they want to sell?

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I have an unmolested Vess Stealth 28B and the CF gear set I had in the CARF Edge in great shape I'd be willing to part with if they'll fit.

yakken

Revy said:
I have an unmolested Vess Stealth 28B and the CF gear set I had in the CARF Edge in great shape I'd be willing to part with if they'll fit.
Ill post the size of the gear when I get back to the house.

Buttface

You want me to do what...?
When I was at Chief a few months ago they had some CF gear on sale in the store front.

I'd weigh it down a bit with some aluminum TNT gear, and some canisters ....that plane is just to floaty man. No kidding...I bet you'd like the way it flys with more weight. I got TNT on my Yak ya know.

Classclown

Classclown

Hey, no big deal man. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm gonna order a five inch spinner from him. I'd rather have the spinners from NoLimits or PeteModels, but damn, fiddy seven bucks is not bad, and the quality was real good on the sample he had at the field.

yakken

Classclown said:
Hey, no big deal man. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm gonna order a five inch spinner from him. I'd rather have the spinners from NoLimits or PeteModels, but damn, fiddy seven bucks is not bad, and the quality was real good on the sample he had at the field.
I hear ya. Those prc gear are pretty Damn tough. Don't ask me how I know. :yikes:

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Don't know the size of the spinner you are looking at but I just ordered another fiberglass spinner from Esprit Models for $50.00. Shipping was another $5.50. I think their 5" spinners are only $55.00. They also handle the carbon versions.

The perimeter screw spinners at Esprit are the same as a NoLimits. I've been getting my spinners from Esprit for about 6 years now and they have all been very good spinners.

Classclown

Don't know the size of the spinner you are looking at but I just ordered another fiberglass spinner from Esprit Models for $50.00. Shipping was another $5.50. I think their 5" spinners are only $55.00. They also handle the carbon versions.

The perimeter screw spinners at Esprit are the same as a NoLimits. I've been getting my spinners from Esprit for about 6 years now and they have all been very good spinners.
Hey thanks, Pat. I'll check them out. I thought Esprit only did small electrics. But this time, I'll throw some business Dave's way, we do fly at the same field, you've been there, Fredricksburg RC. He is giving me a 10% discount, and delivering it to the field, so no shipping. I will be needing a six inch spinner for another plane, Dave does not sell spinners that big..... yet, so hopefully Esprit Models carries them, if not, No Limits sells cheap thru PAU, but in fiberglass. Their carbon spinners are up there.

On a side note, you guys keep your ears tuned, if you know anyone thinking about going 50%, I am thinking of selling my 50% Bill Hempel Yak55M, airframe only.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
That's a nice field!

I'm not sure Esprit goes as high as a 6". Never looked at those sizes, although I'll be needing something in that area for my Ultimate one of these days.
Can't help ya with the fiddy. Anything that large I'd have to tow, without a trailer...

Classclown

Just checked Esprit, largest spinner they sell, which looks beautiful, is a 5 incher, $95, carbon fibre.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Good to know. I always go with the glass ones. Easier to cut and paint, and a lot cheaper. Believe it or not I still have the one that went down with the ship after my 35% WH edge lost a wing. Flew a perfect KE all the way down to a super rough plowed field and never even dented the spinner. I think that and the engine were the only parts that didn't get dented in than one. They REALLY come apart when they hit horizontal stab first and then get drug forward on the side. Unfold just like an accordian.