Need help please???

aussiesteve

When you go to China, it would be an interesting experiment (in my own opinion) to say "I am the white man" in Chinese to a local......I wonder if it would make 'em laugh......I'm guessing it would.
:prrr:

On a different, but serious note, my brother is dating a sista (an older black girl) and no shi ting, she was upstairs, and he was in the kitchen downstairs, and less than 15 seconds after he cut open a watermelon, she came running down the stairs, and said "I smell watermelon!)
Now that's funny

They do in fact like to laugh at themselves. I used to tell them that in my country we call them "Foreigners" and "Slit eyes" - this was because in China they call us "Foreigners" or "Long Noses".

For the watermelon - that is one way they teach the first part of Tai Chi - "Get a big melon, cut it in half - half for you and half for me" LOL

As for the "Lady" comment - anyone that's ever been close to them will know - definitely not a bloke but they ain't the "Demure obedient little ladies" that the Western world seems to imagine them to be either LOL

I'm not actually racist but I do think that our own greed has caused us to give the world to China on a plate - and they have gladly accepted it. How many times do you read now where they are trying to get minor policies changed to suit their imports? - think about where that will lead.to - a major cultural change over the next 1 - 2 generations.

huckster98

red7fifty said:
When you go to China, it would be an interesting experiment (in my own opinion) to say "I am the white man" in Chinese to a local......I wonder if it would make 'em laugh......I'm guessing it would.

On a different, but serious note, my brother is dating a sista (an older black girl) and no shi ting, she was upstairs, and he was in the kitchen downstairs, and less than 15 seconds after he cut open a watermelon, she came running down the stairs, and said "I smell watermelon!)
There's actually a special word for white guy in Chinese but I can't remember. They say it behind your back.

red7fifty

BadAss Member
As for the "Lady" comment - anyone that's ever been close to them will know - definitely not a bloke but they ain't the "Demure obedient little ladies" that the Western world seems to imagine them to be either LOL
My expericne with Asian women.....nag the F out you.....no thank you.
At least, with Caucasian women, their craziness is telegraphed well.

:prrr:(.)(,)

huckster98

red7fifty said:
My expericne with Asian women.....nag the F out you.....no thank you.
At least, with Caucasian women, their craziness is telegraphed well.

:prrr:(.)(,)
My experience is that their mothers love you and make you rice and give you snickers! :)

red7fifty

BadAss Member
On another visit, my brother and his sista-GF came to visit......my brother is a good cook, and I had some company over for dinner.
My brother made some fried chicken, and my company showed up with a watermelon (they didn't know.....they just always show up with a watermelon)
Anyway, my brother made too much food, and I told my guests, to make sure they took some chicken home with 'em, when they leave.
The company was leaving, and I told Carol, "Quick, run out to the front porch, and yell out to them, YOU FORGOT YOUR FRIED CHICKEN!" She did, and came back in the house laughing, because she realized how that looked.
Then, I motioned for her to repeat that, but with the watermelon too (there was too much watermelon left also)
and she was laughing so hard, she almost couldn't stand.

aussiesteve

On another visit, my brother and his sista-GF came to visit......my brother is a good cook, and I had some company over for dinner.
My brother made some fried chicken, and my company showed up with a watermelon (they didn't know.....they just always show up with a watermelon)
Anyway, my brother made too much food, and I told my guests, to make sure they took some chicken home with 'em, when they leave.
The company was leaving, and I told Carol, "Quick, run out to the front porch, and yell out to them, YOU FORGOT YOUR FRIED CHICKEN!" She did, and came back in the house laughing, because she realized how that looked.
Then, I motioned for her to repeat that, but with the watermelon too (there was too much watermelon left also)
and she was laughing so hard, she almost couldn't stand.
Now That's funny

When I last lived in "The land of Zhong guo)". One of my assistants asked me what I ate. I replied "Chicken" and used the word "Jīròu" - for "Chicken meat. - She asked me why we ate female chicken. Then proceeded to tel lme that the Chinese kept the females for eggs and ate c0ck. I was too busy laughing to explain it for a while. Her and I still joke about it (even though she never did let me teach her how best to eat that LOL)

huckster98

aussiesteve said:
For you, they were probably saying - Chǔnǚ - Jíjiāng tā mā de :biggrin:
I would probabally laugh at that but I don't know what it means...

red7fifty

BadAss Member
Now That's funny

When I last lived in "The land of Zhong guo)". One of my assistants asked me what I ate. I replied "Chicken" and used the word "Jīròu" - for "Chicken meat. - She asked me why we ate female chicken. Then proceeded to tel lme that the Chinese kept the females for eggs and ate c0ck. I was too busy laughing to explain it for a while. Her and I still joke about it (even though she never did let me teach her how best to eat that LOL)
Yeah, no wanna eat the co ck! LOL.
:cryin:
:prrr::banghead:
"Confucius say, he who turns around corner of building too fast with hard on, Bangkok!" :banghead:

Last edited:

aussiesteve

I see you got bitten by the word police. If you think it catching the exact co ck word is weird - try typing the name of the area of the aircraft where the pilots are located - it catches that too.

Lil Huck if you ever do hear it, the right answer for you to give them is

Wǒ huì hěn gāoxìng yǔ nánxìng xìngjiāo

oh - followed by f'n eh :prrr:

Classclown

I had a buddy named Richard Short. Called him Dick once, when he was being a smart a$$, shut him the hell up, then he shook his head and said nobody's ever made fun of his name that way, I called him out on it by saying bullsheet..... silence.... Lol.

I always did tell him his parents had one hell of a sense of humor.

aussiesteve

I have recently been working with a guy whose parents are Vietnamese. His actual name is "Tung To" - but his English name is "Tommy To" - now that was a little embarrassing when I firstmet him and was told his name - I thought it was a trick but (luckily) went along with it.