Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by david010567, Mar 9, 2008.
What? No LEAD?
Looking good! Good luck on the first flight. Its going to be a bullet now!
That's a HUGE spinner! Paint a nipple on that C cup!
I've gone through Rita completely and she is ready and on charge.
Here is my flight plan...
1. Start DA85 with prop only and get it running right. Take a mental note of
vibration before shutting down.
2. Start DA85 with back plate and prop. Again... observe vibration (less or more)
3. Start DA85 with back plate, prop, soup bowl. Again... observe vibration
4. Range check with engine running.
5. Inspect soup bowl for signs of stress or lifting around prop cutouts.
6. Quick CG check... (I'm pretty sure its close to what it was)
7. Initial flight tests with lower cowl on (neutral air pressure on carb while in flight)
8. Gear down for a few laps just like the first maiden flight.
9. Added 10% up elevator mix to landing mode to address the nose down spike at full flaps.
So what should I expect for power increase from a G62 to a DA-85?? massive ?? or just a nice bump in authority???
Answer.... 1/2 throttle DA85 = G62 on a good day
Time to change your avatar!
David thanks for the link, that was one heck of a great read. Outstanding workmanship, cant add anything more than what others have already said. Thanks for sharing this build thread.
I spent most of last evening reading this whole thread and watching all the videos. What a deal! Sorry I was harrassing you about getting on the Skybolt! If your "Bolt" turns out half as good as the 102, it ought to be awesome! I broke out the digital camera before Christmas and took some pics of my old Skybolt(s). (It is a combination of two wrecked planes!) I got some good pics but am having some issues with uploading them here. I'll see what I can get done with a different camera and maybe they'll upload without all the difficulty. Again..... Thanks for a truly awesome thread!
Is it done yet?
Thanks mode1, wango!! Call me crazy but I want to order another one of these kits. This thing flys so good I want another for backup. Maybe a hyperlight version on a DA60??? Geez... What in the he'll is wrong with me??
What about blowing up the plan and going BIG
I just spent 2 days reading through this build. Excellent work. Very inspirational. Made me want to try to get my build going again!
I hope it is still flying well. Top craftsmanship. :thumbsup:
Wow!!... very kewl animation. Reminds me of "The Wall"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZdHVadmdrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wow! That was awesome David! Love the dog fighting-
Separate names with a comma.