MVVS Thread

earlwb

The major problem with selling MVVS engines in the USA was the fact that Horizon via the Evolution rebranded versions had the market controlled. So you would have to buy overseas to get a MVVS engine. No one has stepped forward yet to fill in that gap. But with the world economy and the cheap Chinese imports it would be difficult to step in and sell the engines so far

Since Pe Reivers passed away, we lost our major European dealer connection for MVVS engines. But Jaka (at the RC Universe forum) is a MVVS dealer in Sweden for MVVS engines. Also there is a guy in israel that deals with MVVS stuff too. But I forgot who it is though. Chief Aircraft is still advertising MVVS engines: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-control/engines-turbines/mvvs.html
There is still someone in Austalia selling them as well http://www.mvvs-australia.com.au/gasengines.htm there happens to be several businesses in Austailia selling MVVS engines.
Top Model in France is still selling them http://www.topmodel.fr/en/product_list.php?rows=20&desc=0&sid=qq28fm3uv10d77pupgvq5an4i0&f_cat=250&f_top=1

I see that Limitless Aero hase the full line of MVVS engines & service.
Still looking at the new 116 for biplane, would like to swing the bigger prop.
Can not find spell check?

aussiesteve

I see that Limitless Aero hase the full line of MVVS engines & service.
And that is one of the best things to happen to MVVS in the USA. (IMO The best is the breaking of the Horizon tie up)
Kole has the correct attitude to customer service, is a really standup guy and knows his engines.

So now MVVS has 2 good companies dealing in the USA. :thumbsup:

aussiesteve

Any info on pipes for new 116. 3410 or planebender medium smooth pipe.
Header, how long.
For the Planebender pipe, start at about 13 - 13.5" and trim back from there. You will probably end up between 12" and 12.5" depending on your preferred flying style, prop, Elevation etc.

What props are you using. This will be going in
PAU ultimate but has flying wires
aeroworks ultimate
Hanger 9 Beast
Any ideas on planes?

earlwb

Well if the servo is running off a three cell Lipo then it had better be a High Voltage servo rated for 12v then. You should look up the brand, model number and specifications for that servo. It may only be rated for a lower voltage level.

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
The voltage to the servo may be regulated though, that is what he was trying to find out.

I was not going to use the choke setup but had to set up choke to get the
long pipe timing.
Ignition instruction has ( DON'T USE high power servo or digital?)
On test stand I an using a savox 1270tg because that is on hand and going in plane. Does not say voltage.
Choke setup does work ok, will use in plane.

earlwb

You could take a voltmeter and measure the voltage on the power wires to see what it is outputting. If it is regulated so much the better. Yeah for throttle and choke you don't need a really nice servo on it especially a high power servo.

That is a wicked looking engine setup and I like the nice test stand too.

Aquaman

Horizon Hobby and MVVS have parted ways. They don't sell Evolution branded MVVS engines anymore, only the Chinese Evolution glow converts.
Try Horizon Hobby.
I'd like to buy one of the MVVS 30 SP IFS engines. Checked with "Chief", "Esprit", "BJ's" nobody has one....
I purchased a new MVVS 40cc from Limitless Aero for small money during their "Black Friday" sale. :thumbsup:

I hope it works out for me.

skipm

Does anybody know what has happened to Limitless Aero. The only thing that seems to be working for months now is the web site.

Skip