MSA-10 smart guys

viper

Cheaper than Botox
I am taking the plunge this weekend and going to put 2.4 in my big bird.
The thing is, I have 4 power leads from my regs (2 from each) that go into my receiver.

Since I plan to fly with an 8-channel receiver, I won't quite have enough slots to run all my power leads into the receiver.

Here is the question... can I run two power leads into the receiver and two into my MSA-10s I have which control my ailerons?

Is there any conflict doing this type of setup? I can't see there would be, but I just don't know.

Thanks,
jv

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I think you can do this.. but the second leads only power each match box... try it and see.. unplug the Rx leads and see if the MSA's power the system.

viper

Cheaper than Botox
OK, I have some data. The power lead will power the ailerons (according to the manual) but I just tried to see if it would power the entire system and the answer to that is NO.

So, I have three power connections available in the receiver and I guess I will just use a y-connector with the throttle or something like that for the additional connection. In truth the ailerons probably could use the extra boost themselves, but I like having more power connections for the receiver.

Heck, I even have a power expander I could use. Maybe it is time I dust it off and use it. The options....

I believe you can y into any channel,
Can you not come off the regulator into the msa-10 and one slot of the reciever and one to the msa.
That way the reciever only needs one slot and one lead going into the msa-10s' .
I believe the msa 10 can have a sep power source right?

Okay just checked mine.
Run one lead to the reciever and one to the msa.
I believe that the msa can be directly powered.
So if you are running 2 msa and have three slots the prob sloved no y needed.
In other word just get some extensions (4) 2 out of the reg one to the rec and one to the msa.
Are the power plugs out of the reg female if so there you go.

GmanBIll

Use a Bat-share where you have 1 lead to your receiver, then go to town with the plugs to the matchboxes.

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
A Y connector is the simplest solution

But considering the reliability of our radio gear.... small chance of a flight safety issue no matter what you do....

but a Y connector is the simplest.