Mithy's Green Flag SX w/WWW170

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I think I am gonna put short servo arms on my SX and make it my IMAC plane....

I have tried the Advanced sequence a few times... challenging enuff!!

Ground Pounder

Mike, I'll see you at Rabbit and I'll have my Super Extra.

I've really focused on IMAC this year and flew Sportsman. With the learning curve on the sequence, Aresti requirements, learning how to call, finding a good caller and everything else that goes with it you will have plenty of challenge just to be upper mid pack in Sport. Not putting down your skilz but there is a crap load of little stuff that adds up real quick.

The good news is that Sport also has the Unknowns and that adds a lot of fun and challenge v being stuck just doing Basic.

Just my 2 cents.

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
Mike, I'll see you at Rabbit and I'll have my Super Extra.

I've really focused on IMAC this year and flew Sportsman. With the learning curve on the sequence, Aresti requirements, learning how to call, finding a good caller and everything else that goes with it you will have plenty of challenge just to be upper mid pack in Sport. Not putting down your skilz but there is a crap load of little stuff that adds up real quick.

The good news is that Sport also has the Unknowns and that adds a lot of fun and challenge v being stuck just doing Basic.

Just my 2 cents.
I have flown a few pattern contests... I expect they are not too different....
I have spent a couple flying sessions flying the advanced sequence...

and personally, if I won a sportsman trophy.. it just wouldn't mean that much to me.... better dead last in advanced... for me at least...

But why? You sure talk like it's a killer 3D machine. If you do that, surely you will have something else for 3D, right?
The SX is awesome for 3D... but I want a plane to take some risk with...so....

I have a JTec Extra 330 that will be my Shag B!tch

Last edited:

BVargas

3W Flyer
Lots of cool "how to's" Mike,,, mine's almost done. I just had to re-do a few things to my like'ns. I put my plane on the ground the other day just flip the 3w170 over a few times,,, all I could do after that was to say,,, Far out man:willynilly:

BV

Attachments

Airbike

Bill and Mike, we gotta get together for a triple flag scheme flight, and a triple flag hover. Either at VictorValley or at Prado.

You guys got smoke on them there planes????

Dan

BVargas

3W Flyer
Sounds cool to me Dan,,, some formation flying!!! I used to do that kinda stuff back in the day with Team Extra. The Victor Valley field or Rabbit works for me :)

Not really into that place called prado and the ceiling height rule that they have,,, I have a feeling my baby is gonna want to DOT out every time I go VERTICAL MAN!!!

BV

Last edited:

Airbike

Smoke systems! Come on, I want to see formation passes with smoke on!
Picture a triple flag high alpha KE pass!

BVargas

3W Flyer
After putting mine together today,,, for the first time,,,, all I could do was stare the crap out of it :)

BV

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
BarryBuilt has one too....

3 of these rare planes all in Victorville...

Comp-Arf oughta sponsor victorville!!

BVargas

3W Flyer
Progress!,,, after a full tank of gas and playing the needle game,,, I think the engine is Full Mission Capable(FMC). Operating temps were well within the 3W parameters but that was with cowl off.

Time to check for loose stuff and check CG and WX permitting should be a go tomorrow :)

BV

Last edited: