Logo Design Contest - Win an engine!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Andres_Garcia, Feb 12, 2014.

1. psycho-patch

psycho-patch Well-Known Member

The other problem with people like this is once you finally corner them (if you can) and confront them on the deception and want to talk about restitution from them to you, they don't care to discuss that, they are just looking for a way out. Most of the time the consumer just gets left with "holding the bag".

My 2cents on dealing with this style of people and businesses. I might add that the Chinese aren't the only one's to have deceptive business practice's either. They just have the spot light at this time and rightly so.

2. Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man Staff Member

Our side of the pond has quite a history as well in larger manufacturing and intellectual property is concerned. We are also finding out our own government has played large in the deceptive business practices arena.

3. psycho-patch

Here's a word for ya Pat. It helps describe some of these business practices. Psychology likes to use this word too, to describe some people's whole way of life. I do believe it is part of college level course in marketing/advertising strategies! :biggrin:

Machiavellian:
    using clever lies and tricks in order to get or achieve something : clever and dishonest

marked by cunning, duplicity, or bad faith

4. Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim Well-Known Member

Sounds a whole lot like a shyster....

5. psycho-patch

just a $5 word for same-----same.