LED night flying- On the cheap

Discussion in 'Install Articles & Guides' started by Revy, Sep 29, 2013.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Dec 29, 2014 #21

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Technically, Yuri Higuchi came up with the design, and aurora rc copied that. Not to mention the numerous magazine articles in MA and others on how to build these systems.

Unbelievable.

2. Dec 29, 2014 #22

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

I would like to see your patent date be older than the original post. Since when is connecting + and - power source consider a patent infringement. If I were to sell these for profit then I might see your point.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. Dec 29, 2014 #23

oh2b1950

oh2b1950

oh2b1950

What is your name and address ? Will have the patent attorney send the information to you directly

4. Dec 29, 2014 #24

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

Since you won't provide the patent information requested, and continue to make threats of legal action, your account is locked for 7 days to provide you ample time to collate the data for presentation in your next post. Any further posts from you that fail to provide data to support your allegations will be deleted.

5. Dec 29, 2014 #25

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Oh2b1950, please see the thread titled "Does Aurora RC own night flying" on flying gassholes in the onboard electronics forum. You cannot, and do not own the right to prevent people from making their own night flying components and systems using non-proprietary off the shelf components. Unless someone is making a product for mass consumption you have no leg to stand on. My dad has a patent on sharpening knife blades. Does that mean anyone else who uses a similar method is in an actionable position? The answer is NO.

6. Dec 29, 2014 #26

BarracudaHockey

BarracudaHockey

BarracudaHockey

Thank you Pat and team for not folding like an origami duck like most folks do at the mere mention of a lawyer.

As for Aurora I think you're doing lot more damage to your name by making a fuss about someone gluing some LED's to a popsicle stick. Its not like he reverse engineered some unique lighting controller and selling copies.

7. Dec 29, 2014 #27

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

I don't fear lawyers, doctors, or CPA's. I've fired my share of each. In legalese, anyone that makes a claim of an actionable cause must also provide a foundation showing the cause of action. None was presented here and the request for that foundation was side stepped by the person claiming a cause of action. Since the claimant was making his statement public as far as I am concerned his proof of claim has to be public. To me that suggests the individual is basing their claim on hearsay, not proof or evidence. One does not come into a bar fight swinging a big bat unless they have the strength to lift it.

Even worse was his first post was one of pure chest thumping and the silver backs here guard their territory's. If there is such a patent for the device once anyone has the patent number they can research the patent and review a complete set of drawings and parts lists to make their own. That's the problem with a patent, once you submit for one there are no more secrets, and nothing to prevent someone from making their own for personal use.

In any case, he has 7 days to post his proof of claim. Since his account is down for that period he won't be wasting any time with distracting posts. He can dedicate his time to backing up his claim with evidence.

8. Dec 30, 2014 #28

dannyj8

dannyj8

dannyj8

I joined just to add my two cents. I own aurora lights and I love them. If you can afford them, the safety and lack of fire hazard is comforting and convenient. If you wish to build your own substitute, that is fine. I believe that unless patent is for profit, there is no worry, and whoever was posting I have no idea if they are company associates or a troll, but I can say right now that unless the design was sold, it should not infringe. I'm not a lawyer, just an opinion on the web.
    If you are willing to make your own, risk fire hazard, yada yada, so be it. If you sell it, I'd worry.
    Anyways I was a forum lurker and I just couldn't resist my 2c.
    Cheers, Danny Jate

9. Dec 31, 2014 #29

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

Look, I just wanted to help out...isn't that what this, and many other forums are all about?!

:cheers:

F'n Eh! Happy New year!

10. Dec 31, 2014 #30

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

I just had a look at A RC's website - they state "Patent Pending" on a couple of products.
    All that means is that they haven't had anything approved at this point.

You can't just patent "any ole thang". It needs to be (among other things)

Novel (if something just like it or near enough to it has been done before - it ain't Novel.)

Patentable subject matter (any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof) - simple mixtures are NOT patentable - that includes things such as cooking recipes and collections of "off the shelf" items

Non Obvious (meaning that a "person having ordinary skill in the art" would not know how to solve the problem at which the invention is directed by using exactly the same mechanism).

Useful (That can be a real minefield all on it's own as there are many conflicts in the criteria here's a plain English overview on it that's mostly right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_(patent) )

Under the usefulness criteria, any invention that may injure the wellbeing of society are not patentable. Think of the fields where neighbors don't like the field existing for whatever reason (The field I belonged to in Texas a few years ago had a neighboring farmer that hated the field so much he went to jail for his actions against some of the planes) those neighbors could suggest that night flying is injurious to society !!!!!

Either way - a Lawyer will happily bill you to argue your case for or against anything if you are insistent enough for them to do so.

Revy - Good article mate. I'm chasing up the various bits to do this locally here so I can go flying with something better than just the LED strips I'm currently using.

Revy likes this.
  11. Dec 31, 2014 #31

ngreen74

ngreen74

ngreen74

god forbid i strap some flashlights to my plane lol

Revy likes this.
  12. Dec 31, 2014 #32

dannyj8

dannyj8

dannyj8

Let me get my glowsticks. That can't be an infringement. :thumbsup:

13. Dec 31, 2014 #33

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

WESAYSORACING

Steve was in Texas a few years ago?

14. Dec 31, 2014 #34

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member Admin

Don't have to be insistent at all here, just agree to their hourly rate...

15. Dec 31, 2014 #35

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

I say we re-post this thread on Gassholes and see what happens.

Oh2b1950 or whoever might think about his threats next time he (or she) decides to wrench on their own car. After all, somebody put a patent on most car components at one point or another. Surely to work on it yourself and buy parts from Autozone must be patent infringement...

Stupid.

16. Dec 31, 2014 #36

dannyj8

dannyj8

dannyj8

I honestly say lay it to rest. Let's not feed the troll. There's NO WAY on the PLANET that a patent can cover that kind of stuff. If that were the case Aurora wouldn't be able to exist as a company - with that kind of tight arsed nonsense. I have no personal experience with their staff, or attitude, so I can't say for sure, but I strongly believe that kind of patent is impossible. If it is possible, then, as Brutus stated, fixing your own vehicle with autozone components would be infringement

Revy likes this.
  17. Dec 31, 2014 #37

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

Flatspinjim

Damn, knew I shoulda patented my popsicle sticks. :prrr:

Revy likes this.
  18. Sep 21, 2015 #38

tailskid

tailskid

tailskid

Anybody have any luck taking pictures of planes at night?

Attached Files:

Revy likes this.
  19. Jan 22, 2018 #39

ArnShallof

ArnShallof

ArnShallof

Its tough taking photos at night, let alone a plane on the move.