Jr 11x Q&A here.

Discussion in 'Giant RC Plane Forum' started by Chad H, Nov 13, 2010.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Dec 6, 2010 #41

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Well,
    decided I might as well and check out Mr. e`s suggestion tonight as curiosity got the better of me, so down in my dungeon I went to play with my 11X again.

I deleted both my mixes, than went to the "wing type" menu, and slaved/matched my elevator servo with the other one and wolla! Done. Took about 30 seconds.

And now I have all 6 mixes empty for other things if I choose.

I will do the same for the ailerons 2morrow night.

I will also mess with the throttle curve a bit 2morrow a bit.

I did though, put my choke servo on my left top trimmer switch above the throttle gimble. I chose this switch because it is not easily bumped on during flight and killing my engine.
    Ahead is choke off, one beep down/back is about 30% choke (for a 10 to 15 second first run of the day warm up), and one more beep down/back is complete choke with the butterfly closed ( I always have set my choke switch, smoke switch, and rate switches like my throttle stick, so that up, or ahead is more throw volume or open).

This was easily done by first going to the "device select" menu. Then pick and click a aux channel you want to use for choke (or whatever) by clicking INH to ACT. This turns the channel on. I used aux 4. Then after you clicked your channel, you get three choices in a second "window" (Bill Gates can eat $h!t). LTRM 3P (it is what I used, Left Trim 3 Point), LTRM 2P, or LTRM MO (in this setting, the trimmer must be pushed and held, let go and the channel returns to previous setting.) After this is done, the three positions can be set by using "travel adjustment" and "sub trim".

Although this is not as nice as the pinch wheel for choke on my PCM 10, it does work slick by eliminating the chance of it being bumped during flight unlike a toggle switch, or a slider like is on the top rear corners.

The 11X is quickly coming to me a fun radio to set up if a few pointers are known.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Dec 6, 2010 #42

Mr. e

Mr. e

Mr. e

For sure! I am glad I was able to assist in your set up. The Wing Type menu is also where you can mate your throttle servos for when you are flying multi-engine aircraft. These radios of all brands are just growing leaps and bounds from where they were at just a few short years ago.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

3. Feb 6, 2011 #43

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Engineer Lifetime Supporter

Finally got my 38" DW Foamies Yak out, converted to 2.4 and flying with the new JR 11x today I got for Christmas. I have not had a chance to fly since the Rabbit Bash. All I can say is WOW. What a pleasant experience. I don't remember this foamy flying this gracefully before. The 2048 resolution and the feel of the new Tx really made flying different, way better. Coming from a 72MHz JR9303, I really didn't expect a big change, boy was I wrong. I LOVE this new radio. After just a few moments trimming out the new setup, I was flying like I had been flying every day. Even this crappy pilot was rock'in the sky. I can't remember feeling this connected to the airplane. I am really a happy keyboard hucker....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Feb 6, 2011 #44

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Man this sounds great.

I have been playing with mine the last week setting up my 30cc ship, and my bud`s 11X for his 30cc ship.

It is so easy to get around on and user friendly, that I`m just lovin it.

This is going to be a long second half of his crappy winter till I get to try it out.

I hoping now to maybe swing getting a PZ foamie to chuck before spring just to try it out. I just hate parting with a few hund that could go into something half decent.

Thanks for the good news.

5. Feb 12, 2011 #45

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Ok, 11X Q here............. I'm using the balance function, and resetting up the aileron control on my baby Carden (aka Cover Model). I've got all servos plugged into supposedly the correct ports. It all works well. But something that is odd to me is that on the left aileron uses both the aileron channel and the "flap" channel for left aileron control.....

I'm sure that it doesn't matter where you plug into, but when adjusting travels and directions, it makes it easier.

Am I being paranoid or am I alright...........

6. Feb 12, 2011 #46

james

james

james

are you uneasy about using the flap channel? make sure the flaps are turned off.

7. Feb 12, 2011 #47

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

All unused switches are off. I think it is weird using what a typical "flaperon" set up channel 2-6 is being used on the same surface side.

Like I said, it all works, and well!!! I just need to finish making servo extensions, and run them in the wings. Will see how good it works when I go to remaiden the bird!

8. Feb 13, 2011 #48

hoosier06

hoosier06

hoosier06

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54451&page=62

There is a problem using Flaperon as a choice for wing type. I tried to download a pdf file of a Manual I made using information from guys on FG labeled Basic Set Up. The file was to large so I copied the link to it for you if interested. There is information in there regarding the Flaperon wing type choice and a fix. It was suggested to use Normal in wing type set up and mate any other channel to the ailerons. Maybe this will help.

9. Feb 13, 2011 #49

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Yeah, you have to turn off "flaperon" in the radio, if using the balance mode with 4 servos.

10. Apr 15, 2011 #50

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Anyone have a good way of transferring internal model memory to the SD card???? Besides the nonworking method of the manual.

11. Apr 15, 2011 #51

1BWANA1

1BWANA1

1BWANA1

Bucky,
    I think the way the manual says to do it is correct. You need to make sure the SD Card is propery formatted before you use it. You do this in your P.C. using the Format Disk Function in Explorer.

12. Apr 15, 2011 #52

Team Felterschnatz

Team Felterschnatz

Team Felterschnatz

Or a bigger hammer...:biggrin:

13. Apr 15, 2011 #53

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

so, cant do it at the site..... Thats all i needed to know. Mines not formatted, then........ Then neither is my buds, who Im trying to help also.

14. Apr 15, 2011 #54

james

james

james

yes, format the disc and also you have to select sd card and then name it for it to copy.

15. Apr 16, 2011 #55

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Found out my buds card is formatted, but he was missing out on the naming of the model step. Thats all.

16. Apr 16, 2011 #56

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

Anyone flying the 6250/55 or the 6200/10 on the 11??? Are you using the smart failsafe on the 6200 or using a any type of f/s??

Now onto the 6250/55. When you preset a failsafe, i get no rudder command for
    my failsafe. Manual shows for a low throttle, aileron and elevator command. Any advice.....

17. Aug 16, 2011 #57

james

james

james

messing with my 11X tonight and found it has snap conditions on the sticks. which means instead of going to a mix or flight mode for snaps you set the stick switch conditions and in normal flight mode just move the sticks to the corners and it goes into the snap condition. i thought the futaba 14mz only had this. very happy and cant wait to get it dialed in in the air. i don't think it's as good as the 14mz because i hear it also has snaps on throttle postion. maybe this does also just havent found it yet.

18. Aug 18, 2011 #58

david010567

david010567

david010567

aka Schlawiener

Been in a weird funk this year about flying. Thinking I need a new radio with one of those short antenna's for a good boost of "get out of the shop" enthusiasm.

My last new radio that would be the last one I ever need to buy is a 72mhz 9303

19. Sep 15, 2011 #59

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Before I contact Horizon, and they give me jazz about voiding my warranty, any one know the max voltage the 11X TX can constantly, safely handle before popping the internal fuse?

I am now running a lipo battery in it, and I shut the charge off to the battery when it reaches a voltage of 11.6 on the charger. This usually reads about 11.4 on the TX when inserted.

Thoughts...?

20. Sep 15, 2011 #60

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Engineer Lifetime Supporter

Horizon will tell you NO! The Horizon guys will tell you the JR and Spekrum Radios are not able to take anything above the rated voltage of a fully charged NiMH or NiCad pack, period. Since a fully charged 3S Lipo can be as high as 12.6V, you are well over the nominal 9.6V conventional 8-cell pack that can be charged to as much as 11.9V.

To me this is a line of BS, but they are not going to tell you it's okay. The manual does NOT specify the max battery voltage. However, the issue they are likely concerned about is that you may try to charge the LiPo in the Radio, where the Charger pushes voltages way over 13 volts. If you're gonna go LiPo, don't charge in the radio!