Jerky Treats killing dogs.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Lots and lots of them. Something like 60 dead and 3,000 needing hospitalization. I heard it on NPR driving home. Guess where they make Jerky treats nowadays?

It starts with a "C" and ends with an "a":ack:

Last year it was dehydrated chicken killing dogs, sourced from the same place.:banghead:

Classclown

The report I saw claimed over 357 dead, mostly dogs. Read the labels and research where the stuff is from.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
The report I saw claimed over 357 dead, mostly dogs. Read the labels and research where the stuff is from.
Clown,

All things considered, I'd be re-thinking scarfing on those Scooby snacks if I was you....

On a more serious note, there have been too many cases of strange maladies hitting dogs of late. On of mine suddenly went blind one afternoon, retina separation, with no cause to be found. He was in great shape at 2 in the afternoon but by 5 he was blind.

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus
Lifetime Supporter
Lots and lots of them. Something like 60 dead and 3,000 needing hospitalization. I heard it on NPR driving home. Guess where they make Jerky treats nowadays?

It starts with a "C" and ends with an "a":ack:
;)
Last year it was dehydrated chicken killing dogs, sourced from the same place.:banghead:
Cuba ? No way !! We can't even legally buy cigars from there, but dog treats are ok ? what the hell is wrong with this country ? lol :bs:

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I'm really sorry to hear that TOM. Mine has cataracts that make him almost blind- he was playing with another dog yesterday and ran full speed into a retaining wall. Little sh*t is only 4 years old, and will probably live 10 more if he isn't taken by a predator or a car.

Clown- I couldn't remember if it was 60 or 600 dogs dead- I was too shocked. My girls brothers dog had sudden kidney failure a month or two ago- $6,000 and two surgeries later and she is recovering but isn't 100%. They feed them all kinds of treats so I was calling them to let them know.

siko_flyer

I AM AWESOME
Clown,

All things considered, I'd be re-thinking scarfing on those Scooby snacks if I was you....

On a more serious note, there have been too many cases of strange maladies hitting dogs of late. On of mine suddenly went blind one afternoon, retina separation, with no cause to be found. He was in great shape at 2 in the afternoon but by 5 he was blind.
Probably looked in a window and saw TOM naked,I'd go blind too:ack:

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Yea, the male. Over the last few weeks he's regained just enough sight in one eye to allow cautious movement. We keep him on a tether now. My wife let him out of the kennel the other day, and shortly after UPS came down the street, which has always been the great race for the dogs. Instinct and habit took over and he took off running to the sound and did a head first into my toy hauler. No more free movement on the property.

Vet doesn't have a clue and and $1,700.00 of tests and antibiotics for some bacterial infection have provided no joy. He's really a great big happy, happy dog and this is a damn shame.