Images not loading for you?

Admin

Staff member
For all those that are having image uploading problems, please post here and tell me what equipment (computer or smartphone app) and browser you are using.

I can post photos as myself and using BRUTUS's account.

Still working on the issue for you.

Thanks for the information.

psycho-patch

Some pics load just fine, others just fail. All are within the size and type limits. Some are off my camera that load no problem with manage attachments on this site, the next pic taken not 2 mins. later could fail to load. Pretty much same size and type.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I just uploaded like 5 pics from Google chrome, but they were a smaller size. as soon as I tried a larger pic it failed.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Windows Vista 64bit Internet Explorer 9
Larger size pic 4608 x 3456 3.31mb

"Upload of the file failed".

Admin

Staff member
thepamster are the files different sized? Reading the settings, it will resize when it can on on the file types that will resize. And it will not upload if the originating size is too large.

And have you thought of trying Chrome? IE version 11 is the current version.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
The larger pics that won't upload are from my digital camera loaded onto my computer. That is what I have used to post 99.999% of all pics that I have ever posted on this site for several years.
The smaller sized pics are from my I-phone that are loaded onto my computer and then uploaded. I don't do that very often.

Internet Explorer 9 is the highest version for Windows Vista. I can use a different browser but I don't believe that is the problem because I believe others have had this same problem and are using Chrome.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I think it's the re-sizing. Is there a way to raise the "threshold" for pic resizing? The old server never had these issues, and all my pics come from my phone, go to dropbox to my computer, then I upload them. OR I would upload them straight from my phone. I believe the camera is 8MP. I've never had issues until the new server came online.

Thanks for looking into this- we can resize our own pics, but it's kind of a pain. It's why I don't post on the FG classifieds because it's a pain in the ass to get the images down to 500X whatever.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Large pic load attempt while using Firefox as my browser.
"Upload of the file failed"

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Small pic upload using Firefox as my browser.
Well now that doesn't work either. Urgh.:mad:

Admin

Staff member
Try images now if you were having problems. The images settings have been adjusted that should make it better.