Huckster flight log/blog

huckster98

Figured since I finally got everything figured out if start one of these so here it goes! This morning at 11 I headed out to lama and the was some wicked wind and only Cody flew for the first hour but it calmed down and I got in 6 flights and my landings vastly improved. Also my new spinner looks great and really balances the plane out.

Attachments

Last edited:

huckster98

Bunky f. knuckle said:
We don't want to see his pix, we all want to see yours of your airplane!!!
I don't have any from this trip, my dad wasn't there much so he couldn't take pics and Cody was flying back to back with me. He has a few I think. Next time though.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I have pics of his plane next to mine. We had a good day. T-Huck, as he labeled himself in his radio really picked up on the using throttle to control his planes descent to landing. He stuck 3 perfect 3 pointers, and the others were totally passable. We still have some dialing in to do- a couple washers of right thrust for a start. We need to do KE mixing, get some more elevator throw for 3D, and do something about his airflow around the engine. We tuned it for good spool up and a clean full throttle with no burble, but it died once just after touch down. I fattened up the bottom end a smidge, and it worked perfectly the next time out.

A good day for the books, and everything came home in one piece. More or less...:rolleyes2: Lets just say T-Huck is going to have to turn his fuse upside down and shake a few loose parts out!

Attachments

BENCHASON

3D Farm Hand
Sounds like your heading in the right direction Tyler and have a great teacher too. Keep Cody out of trouble. He always needs a voice of reason. LOL

huckster98

BENCHASON said:
Sounds like your heading in the right direction Tyler and have a great teacher too. Keep Cody out of trouble. He always needs a voice of reason. LOL
Will do! Just need to get him to leave my tx alone now!

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
You get to mix out your pitch and roll in knife edge all by yourself now grasshopper!:prrr:

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
It should be an easy fix. I'm going to try and cut a slot and insert some thin ply, or maybe drill a hole and use a toothpick to hold it together. Then patch the covering.

huckster98

BRUTUS said:
It should be an easy fix. I'm going to try and cut a slot and insert some thin ply, or maybe drill a hole and use a toothpick to hold it together. Then patch the covering.
Pic?

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
On to bigger and better things! Sorry you won't have anything for the huckfest, but maybe I can let you get some stick time on one of my planes. If I have something running by then...

huckster98

On to bigger and better things! Sorry you won't have anything for the huckfest, but maybe I can let you get some stick time on one of my planes. If I have something running by then...
Il help repair the cub in that case!:willynilly: