Decided to do some finish sanding on the wings and start fibergassing. I needed to finish sand before I glued in the center section. Also had to go away from the Hostetler design for the wing faring to make them more scale. Don't have a picture to show at this time. You'll just have to trust me on this. Then I has to copy the outline of the wing faring and make up a template from poster board. used it to draw the outline to the fuse.
I like using Polyurethane instead of Epoxy. I only have to sand once before priming is the main reason. I use 3/4 oz. cloth with 3 coats of poly. I inspect before sanding and if there is any weave showing, I will apply more poly in those areas that need it.
Finished fiber glassing the otboard wings. /the center section still needs 2 more coats. Used the scrap pieces to glass the small parts. I may be out of glass cloth. I know I don't have enough for the fuse. Have to find the address to where I get it from in California and order some more.
While the poly was drying I started to cut some pieces for the stab tail section.
Not much to show for today. Got the wing center section glued in. Some more glass work on the small parts. almost finished with the stab. Been trying to work on it in between the coats of Poly. I may just have to concentrate on finishing it.
Here is a picture of the wing filet. I'm going away from the Hostetler plans to make it more scale like. That is the reason why I cut the clearance in the wing root. I had to allow for the curvature.
Delilah wanted to know how come Miss Kitty can cross the line in the cement floor and she cant.
I cleaned the shop enough to be able to walk around. Checked out the 60cc Extra for tomorrow. Then I finished the construction on the new stab. It's rough sanded. Just need to sand the aileron clearance and the radius on the leading edge and tips.
My learning experience is continuing. I sanded the shape into the foam with 40 grit and put a coat of Evercoat putty on it to fill the holes in the foam. I will cover this with F/G cloth when
i'm finished sanding.
One major thing I learned that I glued to much foam on there. The more you put on. The more you have to take off.