Hostetler 113in Super Chipmunk

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Do you guys get notifications for specific threads you subscribe to? I seem to only get the general daily TFC latest notification and not from a specific thread.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
Framed up, put in the shear webs and sanded the top of the wing. It's ready for sheathing.

IMG_6404.jpg IMG_6405.jpg

Fixit

My friend is flying one now and it’s a floater when landing! Look great in the air with smoke!

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
Finished the sheathing on the top of both Center section and the top of the right wing panel. Then installed the wing bolts in the right wing.

IMG_6406.jpg IMG_6407.jpg IMG_E6408.jpg

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
Built and mounted the aileron. this side is going fast since I made the component parts for this wing when I made the Lt. wing. Plus I already know how to put it together.
IMG_6411.jpg

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
Not much time to work on the plane the last couple of days. I did find enough time to finish sheathing the the rest of the wing this Evening.

IMG_6416.jpg IMG_6417.jpg

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
It's been a hot two days. I pushed through and finished the construction on the wing. It's a big one.

IMG_6419.jpg IMG_6420.jpg IMG_6421.jpg IMG_6422.jpg IMG_6423.jpg IMG_6424.jpg IMG_6425.jpg

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
Here is a little something to keep your interest while I'm on my hiatus. A Hostetler 40% Super Chipmunk.

IMG_6443.jpg IMG_6444.jpg IMG_6446.jpg

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Do you guys get notifications for specific threads you subscribe to? I seem to only get the general daily TFC latest notification and not from a specific thread.
I have set the alerts to unlimited, so you should get notifications from here on out.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
It's been about a month since I worked on the Chipmunk. That was also about the time I realized that I left out the spar for the horizontal stab. Time to make a new one. It's a good thing that I have another kit. I used the ribs out of it for templates to make new ribs. I'm building the stabs for both planes this time.

IMG_6574.jpg IMG_6575.jpg IMG_6576.jpg IMG_6577.jpg IMG_6578.jpg IMG_6579.jpg

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
Very Nice!!
I am Jealous!!
I am condemned to a life of ARF's...
Maybe someday I will have time!??!

Beautiful and exciting!!

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
James Dean weekend is upon us. Building on R/C Planes may be sporadic or non existent this weekend.
I did manage to glue the frame together.
IMG_6580.jpg

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Supporting Member
I got burned out on Hot Rods the past 2 days so I stayed home today. Spent some time in the shop on the Chipmunk. Fit and rough located the new stab then cut the old stab apart for the hinges and the back part of the stab so I didn't have to make new ones. Hinged the elevators and glued in the servo hatch mounts. Good days work even if I didn't spend the whole day on it.

IMG_6586.jpg IMG_6587.jpg IMG_6588.jpg IMG_6589.jpg IMG_6591.jpg IMG_6592.jpg IMG_6593.jpg IMG_6594.jpg IMG_6595.jpg