HH UMX Sbach 342 BNF

roc111672

3D Farm Bartender
Well you know i gotta fly the best ...... I dont see how a little plane like that will ever fly with all the satellite receivers you will need so you dont lose it and crash . I just figured i would toss out the weak link in the plane and replace it with a quality product . :biggrin:

sbachscotty

Just buy the rectum modual. I did for my 10c just for the bind and fly stuff. I know my big planes are safe with futaba and I don't care if I wreck a 160.00 foamy.:biggrin:

Chad H

Passin` Gas
Well you know i gotta fly the best ...... I dont see how a little plane like that will ever fly with all the satellite receivers you will need so you dont lose it and crash . I just figured i would toss out the weak link in the plane and replace it with a quality product . :biggrin:
:willynilly: LMAO!!

Just buy the rectum modual. I did for my 10c just for the bind and fly stuff. I know my big planes are safe with futaba and I don't care if I wreck a 160.00 foamy.:biggrin:
He he .......I`m a JR guy, but that there is funny shnitz I don`t care who you are!

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I've had a UM S'bach for a while now. Had to do something with the UM 4-Site parts.;)

Oh, but I like that Horizon one alot tho. Brushless too. :thumbsup:

Attachments

Chad H

Passin` Gas
That is a way cool and affordable S-bach you made there using the 4-Site hardware.

We just have a very small one room school gym to fly in the winter. First I bought a micro Cessna a couple years ago and got bored with it. Then I got bored with my Vapor after a few times out and chopped it up into a un-successful aerobatic model.

Then I decided to make my own foamy copying other designs I have seen on the web. But my out runner, batteries, and design was to big and heavy for my skill level in the small room, so after finally getting a smaller size motor in the mail I chopped up my original design but have not completed it.

That was a over year ago. I just got frustrated with screwing with the tiny, delicate parts and being a gram counter. I did not bother this winter with indoor because of getting burnt out on the micro stuff a year ago.

That is why I take my hat off to your design and work. I think next winter I will not be so cheap, and splurge for a ARF design and get some flying in before I mess with my own and get some experience with the small profile foamies. I really need the practice they offer (like your design, not Park Zones) with 3D flying and I am missing out. Great job.

Attachments

Revy

K, letsgo!!
I've got a couple other S'bach foamies that I've derived from a set of Vincent Posbic plans. His is a 35" ws 400 based model and I scaled it down to 25" for a Park 250 or Hacker A10-15 out of 3mm depron. Flew awesome from the get go!

Decided to build a little bigger outdoor one for a 3S Rimfire 28-22-1380kV, but stretched it to 28"ws along with lengthening the fuse to suit out of 5mm depron. AUW 9 oz w/ 350mAh 3S. Flew better than the first! It flew so well I decided to try that size of airframe with a couple tweaks (enlarged elevator and rudder and double beveled) out of the 3mm with the originals set-up. That was the winning combination for indoor. Final 3mm versions AUW w/ 450mAh 2S, 5.1 oz. I don't have a pic of the current one with wing fences. I'll try and get one in a bit.

Just starting on the one based on the designers plans, now that I've accumulated the necessary hardware. It will be interesting to see how the original design compares to my scaled down versions of it. :)

Attachments