Half-Ass build thread 88" Edge

wesryman

Thanks Wes! How's the Telemaster?

Telemaster is coming along, planning a trip to Va. at end of Jan. to finish it up, DLE 55 and Jtec pitts muffler is mounted. Covering of tail surfaces has been started. I have a Balsa USA 1/3 scale Cub cowling on the way to dad. Going to try it and see if it will work.

FYI, Raleigh got 8" of snow on Sunday.

50%plane

addicted
got the new RX batts installed today... the top of the motorbox is drying right now.... I'll probably start on fixing the NoLimitz spinner tomorrow...

Attachments

50%plane

addicted
Time to repair the poor workmanship on this NoLimitz spinner. I thought about making this into a thread, but decided I was to lazy.... The misdrilled holes were whittled out with an Xacto knife until they were in the correct place. I am filling in the holes with 30 minute epoxy, as it doesn't really matter that much. Personally, I would use 828 which is a lot stronger, but I don't have access to right now. Once that is done, I will pilot drill the holes back and the correct screw holes should be taken care of. There probably won't be a strong bond there with the epoxy, but since it will be sandwiched in between the screw heads and the backplate, it shouldn't matter all that much. On the placed where resin had chipped off of the fiberglass, I taped off the small area around it, and once cured, I will sand the area smooth and paint. I'm taking a cue from GroundPounder as blue tape really is the solution for everything... if it isn't, you probably need a hammer... lol

Attachments

ProBro Matt-chew

looks good man, dig the spinner.
i dont think you can get any data from the CC-HV controllers, it doesnt have it on my 110hv.

too bad there isnt anyone in your guys area that flys larger electrics. if you tried 8 or 10 pitch props you'd hate it. i know i did, same conclusion with a bunch of people over on rcg too. i never tried any gas props on the slick, but maybe a vess, or xoar 3d prop might be more your style.

ProBro Matt-chew

oh yeah, saturday is the new year's day flying shindig at mather, if the weather is good you guys should come out. i'm going if it looks good, i'll have the generator there for charging too.