Half-Ass build thread 88" Edge

50%plane

addicted
I just ordered the new RX batts, so as soon as they get here, I will be able to get this plane back ready for flight #3

terickson

50%s speedbuilding school
Doesn't look like we'll get flying weather for a while anyways.....but I've got spare packs you can use if you need too. Did you order a lower pitch prop?

50%plane

addicted
No, I have the APC, but I was happy with the performance on the xoar. I need to fly the plane more before I decide if I need to play around with props...

50%plane

addicted
I was going to buy some c/f gear for the plane, but I ran out of money... lol Thinkin about makin a set... anyone know what kind of weave layup is generally used?

50%plane

addicted
Looks like I bought the wrong batteries for my rx.. I realized that they were only 8c when they arrived.... I'm deciding on flying them or buying new ones.... wonder if I can take 'em back.... I'm an idiot for not reading the fine print.....

terickson

Hey Fiddy,
loaded the Castlelink software on the laptop Santa brought, very cool $hit playing with the datalogger info from the Ice speed controllers. You need to check out the loading on your Hacker with it, should have the last 2 flights in memory. Might be surprised how much that big prop draws......

50%plane

addicted
Take em back if you can, 8c is no better than Li-on batts.
I ordered new ones... might try to take these back... I dunno... I really don't want to drive to Chico...
Hey Fiddy,
loaded the Castlelink software on the laptop Santa brought, very cool $hit playing with the datalogger info from the Ice speed controllers. You need to check out the loading on your Hacker with it, should have the last 2 flights in memory. Might be surprised how much that big prop draws......
I tried, for some reason, I can't pull data... or maybe it's the poor instructions I have...

terickson

I think they log data by default, did the card flash showing connection? Took me a while fumbling around to find the data, not the most complete instructions, but the program is similar to the recording voltmeters we use at work, so I fingered it out.

terickson

Flew on the 78" on straight 2 cell today. wow! really quick, you'll like it, Fiddy. I definitely prefer the 46 to the 30, too.