H9's new comp. QQ-yak

Classclown

Yeah, Just saw that on FG. Pretty cool, but.....
I thought this was odd, they say center pivot hinges, this is so, on the rudder, as they are on the other surfaces, but the other surfaces are regular bevel cut hinges with old school hinges like what come on the rudder hinges on the Pilot Edge, as if the wings and stabs were built up. Maybe just a prototype?

Attachments

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Sheet. I's a composite fuse and built up wings and stabs. Nice try H9. Composite... Sheesh!

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I don't know- the ad says "Full composite construction" and that they used double bevel hinges for "Maximum Deflection." Just weird. :confused5: Nothing like making a modern composite airframe, and then putting in hinges designed 150 years ago. Not even pin hinges- You would think any modern aerobat, especially a H9 would have pocket hinges. I mean, the Decathlon has them!

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I guess all I can say is that if QQ designed it- it's going to fly great. Even if the hinges baffle me.

stephen aka p-huck

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6LJdBHN3bQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

looks cool but y make the cowl to small to were you half to cut out the cowl for the plug.

calypso

At the end of the video it shows he is was using a Falcon carbon prop. Anyone got any input on these, noise, power, spool up, etc.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
You guys getting my goat? Does anyone else find it odd QQ is using. Old timey hinges in a modern composite airframe? Even the Clown was like WTF?!

Jaybird

Wishin' I was at the farm
Brutimus said:
You guys getting my goat? Does anyone else find it odd QQ is using. Old timey hinges in a modern composite airframe? Even the Clown was like WTF?!
Personally I like it better than skin hinges or some raggedy azzed pocket hinges.

roc111672

3D Farm Bartender
I think he should have invented a new cool way to hinge it . If he would come hang out on the Farm and have a drink or 2 he could come up with a better way for sure .